GDT: San Jose vs. Minnesota | 7:00 PM | Emergency GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Weird number of points this year, but in the end, the eight best teams in the West ended up making it. Funny how that (for the most part) ends up working out. Even so, when more teams make the playoffs than miss, it's really not that amazing of an accomplishment unless you do something with it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wild's last 4 games:

3-2 L to Ottawa (out of playoff contention)
3-2 L to Detroit (fighting for playoff lives)
5-1 L to Winnipeg (been out of playoff contention for weeks)
3-0 L to San Jose (a ****ing shutout)

I'd say that criticism is well deserved. It's only been getting worse as the streak goes on too. Seeing as we had chances to clinch in 3/4 of these games, it's well deserved.

And didn't OTT and WPG have a ton of players missing, and DRW had Howard in net, who has been awful.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
That was a weak one, once again. Parise, Koivu, Granny, Coyle, Haula, Nino, Zucker, everyone have turned into non-threatening dump and chase 4th liners. Poor passing, poor decisions, no possession whatsoever. Yeah many of them must be playing through the injuries at this time, but. Had to fast forward quite a bit when watched the game. It didn't look very nice.

Well, thanks Avs. Playoffs are a good thing. But a lot need to happen (in a relatively short time) that we (fans) can actually enjoy it.

Don't get me wrong, 4 playoffs in 4 years is great. Compared what it used to be with this team. It just doesn't taste as sweet as it could. I'm worried.

I thought Nino, Haula, Spurgeon, and Porter looked good.

Coyle is back to sleepy Charlie.

Koivu and Suter look like two grumpy old men who hate to play hockey.

Zucker is lost....not a clue.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
In the west? 1999-2000. Edmonton and San Jose with 88 and 87 respectively.

Man, that means even before the loser point was instituted the points to make the playoffs in the west has been very high!

Just goes to show that the Wild chose a lucky year to try to make the playoffs with 87pts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad