Confirmed with Link: San Jose terminating Evander Kane's contract

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Either way, it's a fitting denouement for Kane, who falls like Icarus in failure as he bravely snatches defeat from the jaws of victory. And yeah, even though this isn't a Sharks forum, when a truly odious human being insults both our city and everyone in it with unfalsifiable horseshit accusations of moral failure, I think it remains in our interest to hear any news that shows we were right all this time.

Kane's fall is unparalleled really..., making Icarus look like Daedalus. His behaviour is so unhinged that I worry for his mental health.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Scored at a 32 G pace last year and not very far short of a ppg.

30 YO star player - broke and out of work.

Some team will probably take a chance on him for 1 mil and no term. But no one wanted him for the 4 remaining years (counting this one) at 7 mil per. I'd guess that SJS probably offered to retain as much as 50% too.
I guess he will be the next celebrity endorser for bet99.net...:sarcasm:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
After I had my predictable multi-minute belly laugh about this news, the only pang of sadness I felt was in thinking that this move was SO profoundly stupid, that it could very well have been a deliberate effort to screw over both his creditors and his estranged wife. I wouldn't put that beyond him. Then again, I also wouldn't put "so profoundly stupid" past him too.

Either way, it's a fitting denouement for Kane, who falls like Icarus in failure as he bravely snatches defeat from the jaws of victory. And yeah, even though this isn't a Sharks forum, when a truly odious human being insults both our city and everyone in it with unfalsifiable horseshit accusations of moral failure, I think it remains in our interest to hear any news that shows we were right all this time.

giphy.gif

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
He had to know that the Sharks were looking for literally any reason to terminate his contract. He should have been acting like choir boy with the Barracuda and quietly collecting his millions instead of doing something this stupid. Sad to see all that talent go to waste. His family/close friends need to stage an intervention.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
He had to know that the Sharks were looking for literally any reason to terminate his contract. He should have been acting like choir boy with the Barracuda and quietly collecting his millions instead of doing something this stupid. Sad to see all that talent go to waste. His family/close friends need to stage an intervention.
What close friends?

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
From the people I know closest to this Kane has had 3 primary challenges

Personality wise he is arrogant and has rubbed people and teammates the wrong way. Guys tried to make it work but it was challenging with his ego.

He is/was defiant and wasn’t interested in other peoples opinion or help. Putting it bluntly he is void of this chip.

He has a gambling addiction and is a terrible player.

Now to my opinion.

At some point here soon he is going to run out of money and be flat broke. That will take away all his life style and gambling options. That might provide the rock bottom moment he needs.

To me Kane feels like the kind of guy that will go down swinging and continue to do really stupid things until he winds up in jail or worse.

This is a movie that probably doesn’t age well or end well.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Kane's fall is unparalleled really..., making Icarus look like Daedalus. His behaviour is so unhinged that I worry for his mental health.
I wonder if he has cts? I don't want to make excuses for him but he is displaying a lot of behavior that is consistent with brain injury like that.

Reactions: kanadalainen

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I wonder if he has cts? I don't want to make excuses for him but he is displaying a lot of behavior that is consistent with brain injury like that.

Most of the personality traits go back to his junior hockey days. Now it’s possible he had CTS back then but less likely.

The interesting dimension to this story is he has always brought it on the ice and worked his ass off in that domain.

The challenge is he never grew up or grew out of his more destructive habits. They seemed to get more entrenched with age if anything.

I do agree though that his highly impulsive behaviour with seemingly no fear of consequences are troubling blend. Lots of inmates with those underlying issues (not being sarcastic)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad