Confirmed with Link: San Jose terminating Evander Kane's contract

dcypher

Feb 7, 2013
B-AG80NIYAAbh0i.jpg

B33R LEAGUE

"Just another day at the office" -Byfuglien
May 19, 2021
Watch him be the Captain on Team Canada.

With Leipsec, Virtanen and Ho-sang as his alternates lol.

The world has become a very strange and unusual place. Were living in a parallel Universe.

Reactions: snowkiddin

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Scored at a 32 G pace last year and not very far short of a ppg.

30 YO star player - broke and out of work.

Some team will probably take a chance on him for 1 mil and no term. But no one wanted him for the 4 remaining years (counting this one) at 7 mil per. I'd guess that SJS probably offered to retain as much as 50% too.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Vegas at league minimum? Bolts are tight against the CAP. Oilers have space at league minimum ? Canucks?

Zippity

Feb 3, 2013
Who was the jet that punched his lights out when he was here sporting black eyes?

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
After I had my predictable multi-minute belly laugh about this news, the only pang of sadness I felt was in thinking that this move was SO profoundly stupid, that it could very well have been a deliberate effort to screw over both his creditors and his estranged wife. I wouldn't put that beyond him. Then again, I also wouldn't put "so profoundly stupid" past him too.

Either way, it's a fitting denouement for Kane, who falls like Icarus in failure as he bravely snatches defeat from the jaws of victory. And yeah, even though this isn't a Sharks forum, when a truly odious human being insults both our city and everyone in it with unfalsifiable horseshit accusations of moral failure, I think it remains in our interest to hear any news that shows we were right all this time.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
So he tested positive for Covid on Dec 21 and Presumably flew into Canada on Dec 29 (Vancouver).

How long are DeMelo and the other Jets stuck in the US after testing positive for Covid 10? 14 days? He may have more issues on his hands then his contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad