Post-Game Talk: San Jose Sharks vs New Jersey Devils: Moore Risky Business

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I know I'll be reading about how we struggle against big and strong teams, or that we can't beat Pete or some other stuff, but the bottom line is we're (probably) gonna lose this game because the puck just wasn't going in for us tonight, and it was going in for them. We also probably don't have anything left in the tank for tonight.

Reactions: JK3

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Just a rough night. What really sucks is that I have to run into work around midnight tonight for about an hour after this...

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yeah they are out of gas.
They are, but I don't like Hynes' ice time management tonight. Some of our bottom 6 guys who didn't play as much last night should have been used a lot more early in the game, instead he ran our top 6 into the ground 5on5 again through the first two periods. All the penalties didn't help of course.

Reactions: Bleedred

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Gosh Hayes is kind of slow for this team.
I know I'll be reading about how we struggle against big and strong teams, or that we can't beat Pete or some other stuff, but the bottom line is we're (probably) gonna lose this game because the puck just wasn't going in for us tonight, and it was going in for them. We also probably don't have anything left in the tank for tonight.

Yeah, this game is by no means as one-sided as it seems. It's a Murphy's law game.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
They are, but I don't like Hynes' ice time management tonight. Some of our bottom 6 guys who didn't play as much last night should have been used a lot more early in the game, instead he ran our top 6 into the ground 5on5 again through the first two periods. All the penalties didn't help of course.
I don't like that he pairs Lovejoy and Moore together, or that he even had to play Lovejoy at all. It makes me think that he believes we gave up 4 goals last night because we weren't good defensively. We didn't exactly channel our 95 Devils, but Cory allowed 2 terrible goals, that we don't even notice any gaffe's on if he would have saved them.

They've done a good job at keeping Lovejoy away from the big line. They've done a good job at keeping him out of most games. So I'm pretty sure they must know he's bad, and that's why they've kept him out of 5 of the first 8 games.

Reactions: Blender

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If there's one thing Severson is terrible at, it's that his shot probably wouldn't even hurt a fly.

Which is ironic, considering the way it looked in his first handful of games, when he had 4 goals.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Hopefully the Sharks beat the shit out of the Piles of shit tomorrow night.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Sharks were rested, we gritted out a comeback win in Canada last night. That’s all it boils down to.

They were a couple steps ahead of us tonight. All things considered, whatever.

6-2. That’s still ****ing dope.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
6-2-0 with 30 goals scored. can't complain they have to lose at some point and if you're going to lose it's better to lose to a western conference team. didn't get the bounces tonight

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
So now we have a week off for some reason.

giphy.gif

Reactions: glenwo2

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
If there's one thing Severson is terrible at, it's that his shot probably wouldn't even hurt a fly.

Which is ironic, considering the way it looked in his first handful of games, when he had 4 goals.

It boggles my mind he scored 9 goals in his career and 5 were in his rookie year. How did he score 5 in one season? I remember one of them, the others must have been empty netters. There is no way he ever scores 10 in a season. Hell getting 5 again is a stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad