San Jose Sharks get jobbed again.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
"Jack Edwards is an idiot, I don't get how anyone can listen to that guy"

Now he's suddenly correct, I guess?

I do think he’s an idiot. He’s extremely biased in favor of the Bruins. The fact that he is saying the Bruins got away with one just tells you that...the Bruins got away with one.

Reactions: Phu

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I do think he’s an idiot. He’s extremely biased in favor of the Bruins. The fact that he is saying the Bruins got away with one just tells you that...the Bruins got away with one.
He also said that LA got away with one when they called "no goal" on a puck that crossed the line. Is he right or wrong with that one?

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
He also said that LA got away with one when they called "no goal" on a puck that crossed the line. Is he right or wrong with that one?

I’m not sure why this is so hard for you to understand.

Jack Edwards is an extreme Bruins homer. He’s widely regarded as the most biased, least objective commentator in the NHL. If things were actually even, he would have been absolutely outraged and insistent that his Bruins were screwed over. The fact that he said the Bruins got away with one shows you just how heavily the officiating favored the Bruins.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Jack Edwards is an extreme Bruins homer. He’s widely regarded as the most biased, least objective commentator in the NHL. If things were actually even, he would have been absolutely outraged and insistent that his Bruins were screwed over. The fact that he said the Bruins got away with one shows you just how heavily the officiating favored the Bruins.
He actually calls a pretty impartial game. It's basically whenever there's a fight that he goes off his rocker a bit. I have seen him dive in pretty hard on both sides, honestly.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
You're extremely biased in favor of the Sharks. I guess that we should just dismiss everything you say too.

Parros is against the Sharks.
Toronto is against the Sharks.
Charron is against the Sharks.

Hysterical.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Yeti of the Flow

Jun 9, 2011
Boston
He actually calls a pretty impartial game. It's basically whenever there's a fight that he goes off his rocker a bit. I have seen him dive in pretty hard on both sides, honestly.
It's an old trope that misguided fans think makes sense. Regional announcers are calling the game from one team's majority perspective. It's supposed to be biased.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Bruins on a winning streak = complaining about Jack Edwards on HF. It's as sure as the sun rising in the west.

Yeti of the Flow

Jun 9, 2011
Boston
Then why the same rule doesnt apply to blown up offside?
It's a rules oversight. But no, the refs are wrong! (For making one of the few correct calls, whether or not it's a correct call for the result of an impossible missed call... if it was actually above his shoulders. Still not convinced either way.)

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

You base this on HFBoards where fans only see the extreme threads on certain times he goes a bit crazy and assume that is the meaning of life.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Well, the Bruins lost the first goal and we are all still here. As I said, this game it evened out.

Yes... Evened out... Because the call against the Bruins in the first was waived off on ice, and then Toronto reviewed from multiple angles and found it to be inconclusive to overturn the on-ice decision.

But yes, that makes up for the fact that a clear high stick was ignored, the linesmen had ample time to put the net back on the pegs in OT but didn't and so play was blown dead on a 2 on 0, no instigator penalty called when Bruins went at Braun following a clean and legal hit, no extra call on Chara after a cheap shot on Pavelski, multiple interference and slashes missed...

… But yes evened out. Funny that the only calls the Sharks got were ones the referees literally could not ignore - Delay of Game.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Sharks-Huge-Jordan-Head.jpg

I just want to bump this cuz it’s great

Yeti of the Flow

Jun 9, 2011
Boston
Yes... Evened out... Because the call against the Bruins in the first was waived off on ice, and then Toronto reviewed from multiple angles and found it to be inconclusive to overturn the on-ice decision.

But yes, that makes up for the fact that a clear high stick was ignored, the linesmen had ample time to put the net back on the pegs in OT but didn't and so play was blown dead on a 2 on 0, no instigator penalty called when Bruins went at Braun following a clean and legal hit, no extra call on Chara after a cheap shot on Pavelski, multiple interference and slashes missed...

… But yes evened out. Funny that the only calls the Sharks got were ones the referees literally could not ignore - Delay of Game.
You mean a delay of game call that's literally ignored hundreds of times per season?

Also, as stated, the Sharks were guilty of several uncalled high sticks in this game. Stop thinking it's a damn sob story.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
You're extremely biased in favor of the Sharks. I guess that we should just dismiss everything you say too.

Parros is against the Sharks.
Toronto is against the Sharks.
Charron is against the Sharks.

Hysterical.

The only one of those I’ve ever said anything about is Parros, and his history with Sharks players since taking office is suspicious.

Since he took office, there have been 3 Sharks injured with concussions from hits, one Shark that was bit (on camera), and not one player has been suspended on a play where a Shark was the victim. Meanwhile, Brenden Dillon was suspended for a f***ing slash and Erik Karlsson was suspended for a hit that was borderline at worst. If you just look at pure numbers and concussions caused by hits, Parros’ treatment of Sharks players has absolutely been unfair to them.

And yeah, if I go out and say “the Sharks got lucky here, they got away with one, this win is tainted”, then it’s probably true. I’ll acknowledge that.

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
I don't think that is their role. I believe it is correct to blow the play dead when the team causing it to come off regains possession. So as to not encourage the delay of game tactic.

Except linesmen always put the net back on when play is down the other end. Even then it is arguable that Kane was pushed into the net.

But funny that Rask pushing the net off is ok too without penalty.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic

Bruins players ate multiple high sticks.
Instigator? Sure, however another Sharks player entered the fight, it evened out. Now, that's textbook third man in, no? So that's a wash too.
The refs do not have to put the net back on. Looks like Rask kind of outsmarted your team there.
San Jose was guilty of having 7 players on the ice at one point. It was called out numerous times, so i guess that didn't happen either?

Take off the blinders, man.

The reffing was god awful on both sides. Just odd that you can only admit it was bad for the Sharks.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
The only one of those I’ve ever said anything about is Parros, and his history with Sharks players since taking office is suspicious.

Since he took office, there have been 3 Sharks injured with concussions from hits, one Shark that was bit (on camera), and not one player has been suspended on a play where a Shark was the victim. Meanwhile, Brenden Dillon was suspended for a ****ing slash and Erik Karlsson was suspended for a hit that was borderline at worst. If you just look at pure numbers and concussions caused by hits, Parros’ treatment of Sharks players has absolutely been unfair to them.

And yeah, if I go out and say “the Sharks got lucky here, they got away with one, this win is tainted”, then it’s probably true. I’ll acknowledge that.

1) A hit that results in a concussion isn't necessarily a penalty. Not every penalty is suspendable. Thus, your counting of concussions (while not doing the same for every team) is pretty meaningless.
2) To call Dillon's play "a slash" is a puff job most used car salesmen would call audacious. 2-hander, in anger because the guy made a play on him. He wasn't going for the puck or making a hockey play. It was a simple 2-handed assault. That hit should be suspendable, oh and it is!
3) Just because YOU (a Sharks homer) labels a hit "borderline" doesn't make it so.
4) You don't look at "pure number of concussions", you look at the hit that caused them.
5) I didn't necessarily mean you personally espoused all those conspiracy theories, just that those are ones that are being bandied about by Sharks fans (turns out you are only buying the Parros one).

The refs made a bad call last night. It happens. Usually it doesn't lead to incessant whining and threads like "jobbed again".

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Bruins players ate multiple high sticks.
Instigator? Sure, however a Sharks player entered the fight, it evened out. So that's a wash too.
The refs do not have to put the net back on. Looks like Rask kind of outsmarted your team there.
San Jose was guilty of having 7 players on the ice at one point. It was called out numerous times, so i guess that didn't happen either?

Take off the blinders, man.

Several high sticks... Funny because you got multiple high stick penalties.
I think you need to review how the instigator penalty works - because Braun defends himself does wash the instigator.
The linesmen will always put the net back on when play goes to the other end - bit suspicious when they don't on this occasion.
Rask broke the rules, but that's ok because he 'outsmarted' the team... Right...

Missed calls are one thing, and I can deal with. But the absurdity to claim it evened out because a No-Goal call in the first was reviewed and did not have conclusive evidence to overturn is ridiculous.

Almost as ridiculous as one of the most penalised teams in the league this season, somehow behaving themselves so well that they only took delay of game penalties.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad