San Jose Sharks get jobbed again.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
That's the difference though that people are missing. Toronto reviewed that goal and said it was inconclusive but the ref right in front of the net missed a clear high stick. Bruins fans can be mad at Toronto but Sharks fans have every right to be mad at the the officiating last night. Chara casually crosschecking Pavelski in the face in front of the ref with no call was bull**** too.

That last line means nothing. Each player earned a minor penalty and got it.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
That's the difference though that people are missing. Toronto reviewed that goal and said it was inconclusive but the ref right in front of the net missed a clear high stick. Bruins fans can be mad at Toronto but Sharks fans have every right to be mad at the the officiating last night. Chara casually crosschecking Pavelski in the face in front of the ref with no call was bull**** too.

That last line means nothing. Each player earned a minor penalty and got it.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
Then maybe stop doing that? That's literally all you're doing.
Look at my first post in this thread. I was civil and explaining my point of view as a Sharks fan. You quoted it and told me "they got away with 3 high sticks this isn't a Sharks sob story. Sorry." You're the f***ing problem dude. You had no interest in a discussion at all.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Why didnt the ref fix the net in ot. He let bruins get an offensive chnce and when mcavoy gave it away he blows the whistle. He had tons of time to fix it back. Terrible just terrible
I don't think that is their role. I believe it is correct to blow the play dead when the team causing it to come off regains possession. So as to not encourage the delay of game tactic.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Yeti of the Flow

Jun 9, 2011
Boston
Look at my first post in this thread. I was civil and explaining my point of view as a Sharks fan. You quoted it and told me "they got away with 3 high sticks this isn't a Sharks sob story. Sorry." You're the ****ing problem dude. You had no interest in a discussion at all.
No, in that post I quoted you clearly asserted that you think the refs were out to get the Sharks. Nobody with any objective sense would think the Sharks were solely treated unfairly by refs.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
No, in that post I quoted you clearly asserted that you think the refs were out to get the Sharks. Nobody with any objective sense would think the Sharks were solely treated unfairly by refs.
Except for everyone that thinks that in this very thread.

This still doesn't change the fact that you have no interest in a discussion even after I agreed you guys got screwed on the first goal. So please just f*** off.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
The fact that Jack Edwards said the Bruins got away with one here tells you everything you need to know.

Why the "Jack Edwards" part? The refs missed the puck being played just above shoulder height in a bang bang play.

After that nothing could be done the goal stands. We know this.

There were a lot of missed calls last night. For once it evened out. The big one went the Bruins way (although same situation on the Bruins no-goal, if the ref calls it a goal on the ice it is definitely a goal. Bang bang play again).

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Why the "Jack Edwards" part? The refs missed the puck being played just above shoulder height in a bang bang play.

After that nothing could be done the goal stands. We know this.

There were a lot of missed calls last night. For once it evened out. The big one went the Bruins way (although same situation on the Bruins no-goal, if the ref calls it a goal on the ice it is definitely a goal. Bang bang play again).

The Jack Edwards part is there because if things actually evened out, blatant homers like him and yourself who frequently whine about officiating in Bruins games would be calling it a travesty against them.

The fact that you say things evened out tells us once again, how far from even things were. You post in every Bruins related GDT about officiating. When they lose, the officials cost them the game. When they win, they overcame awful officiating. The fact that you’re in here and adamantly trying to tell everybody that the officiating was even tells us just how far things actually were from being even.

Reactions: Phu and thewall

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
The Jack Edwards part is there because if things actually evened out, blatant homers like him and yourself who frequently whine about officiating in Bruins games would be calling it a travesty against them.

The fact that you say things evened out tells us once again, how far from even things were. You post in every Bruins related GDT about officiating. When they lose, the officials cost them the game. When they win, they overcame awful officiating. The fact that you’re in here and adamantly trying to tell everybody that the officiating was even tells us just how far things actually were from being even.

It really doesn't. It shows just how desperate you are to come to a premade conclusion. Simple math, Bruins lost a goal and added a goal. Incredible really.

thewall

Jul 9, 2010
The fact that Jack Edwards said the Bruins got away with one here tells you everything you need to know.

I didnt see it that way. He was more like oh well lets move on. I remember a game vs the Jackets where the puck it the netting and they scored vs the Bruins. Jack went on a rant almost cried on the air.. lol..

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I didnt see it that way. He was more like oh well lets move on. I remember a game vs the Jackets where the puck it the netting and they scored vs the Bruins. Jack went on a rant almost cried on the air.. lol..

That poster is reaching for hyperbole. The only way to make a case about this it seems.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
It really doesn't. It shows just how desperate you are to come to a premade conclusion. Simple math, Bruins lost a goal and added a goal. Incredible really.

Except they didn’t lose a goal and they added more than one.

And imagine Jack Edwards/PBF if the officiating was on the other side of the coin for this one.

Reactions: Phu

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
I don't think that is their role. I believe it is correct to blow the play dead when the team causing it to come off regains possession. So as to not encourage the delay of game tactic.

This is how I see it too. Sometimes they do fix the net (just like sometimes they pick up a broken/dropped stick) but I don't think it is part of their job description.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad