GDT: San Jose Sharks @ Edmonton Oilers 1/29 6:30pm CSNCA

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
In what way, charlie?

That was my immediate reaction after the game, but now that I've had some time to think about it ... with all the ten-bell chances the Oil were giving up, the team was absolutely correct to play like they did rather than risk taking a bad penalty, etc. Those chances weren't just good, they were golden and Scrivens just robbed them.

Near the end of the game they started to muck near the net and got some chances that way that Scrivens still robbed. So I think the Sharks played pretty much exactly as they should have, got a nearly historic offensive output, and were just met by a historic goaltending performance.

Yup its not like they were long shots. Those were grade A scoring chances.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Too many of the shots by the Sharks looked like soft ones…. direct on from a distance with Scrivens getting a clear look, and no Sharks on net. This just served Scrivens to get his game confidence up and into a groove for the serious shots on net.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Too many of the shots by the Sharks looked like soft ones…. direct on from a distance with Scrivens getting a clear look, and no Sharks on net. This just served Scrivens to get his game confidence up and into a groove for the serious shots on net.

The Sharks often put pucks on net to get faceoffs in the zone. Part of their possession strategy. Way preferable to losing the shot battle, NOT shooting doesn't work any better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad