GDT: San Diego Gulls 2020/2021 (continuous)

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Perreault cherry picking out of the zone SJ scores off it.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017

Have to post the video, otherwise I would not believe it, but Simon Benoit actually scored. Pretty good shot back there, wish he used it more frequently. Hope he gets a long look in training camp next season since I assume he’s not gonna get any run in the final nine games of the regular season

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee

Have to post the video, otherwise I would not believe it, but Simon Benoit actually scored. Pretty good shot back there, wish he used it more frequently. Hope he gets a long look in training camp next season since I assume he’s not gonna get any run in the final nine games of the regular season

Off topic, but I met Benoit at an Irvine hotel during training camp of last season. Super nice kid. I really hope he makes it.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Off topic, but I met Benoit at an Irvine hotel during training camp of last season. Super nice kid. I really hope he makes it.
I've been cheering for him as well. He needs to make the next step but I think it's ok for his type of a player to not be just quite there yet. Have to be patient.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021

And that’s my reasoning why Zegras will be on the roster next season. The kid can play. Thank you for posting this. Duck fans won’t be thinking everything is at a loss and the world is dropping on their head. When this kid is toying with grown men in the AHL and putting up numbers

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Sam Carrick to the taxi squad, Golod back to the Gulls. They play Saturday and Sunday at home against Henderson.
This will be a good test. We get a lot of wins against Reign, Sharks and Roadrunners who are bad teams. Knights are a legit team

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Gonna be a fun series...

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Is it wrong that I’m looking forward to the Gulls game more than the Ducks?

Nope. If the Ducks don't bring their A+ game, then it's gonna be a bad. We're down three PK'ers in Rowney, Lundestrom, and Silf. That doesn't include missing Lindholm. With the Gulls, there's a lot of promise growing with Groulx and Andersson filling up the score sheets, Perreault adapting better, and Zegras at center. The Ducks' aren't a playoff team, might as well look forward to the future Ducks instead.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Nope. If the Ducks don't bring their A+ game, then it's gonna be a bad. We're down three PK'ers in Rowney, Lundestrom, and Silf. That doesn't include missing Lindholm. With the Gulls, there's a lot of promise growing with Groulx and Andersson filling up the score sheets, Perreault adapting better, and Zegras at center. The Ducks' aren't a playoff team, might as well look forward to the future Ducks instead.

Yeah, Ducks are a mess now, even worse than last season before the Pandemic hit. These guys you mention, should hopefully make the Ducks within two years, obviously Zegras will next season, but would be nice if someone like Groulx or Perrault get a shot next year, although think Perrault will need one more season in the AHL before coming up. But he has been making excellent progress.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Yeah, Ducks are a mess now, even worse than last season before the Pandemic hit. These guys you mention, should hopefully make the Ducks within two years, obviously Zegras will next season, but would be nice if someone like Groulx or Perrault get a shot next year, although think Perrault will need one more season in the AHL before coming up. But he has been making excellent progress.

Perreault having to go back to juniors next year sucks. If he applies what he’s learned in the AHL in the second half of the season, he’s going to destroy the OHL next year. I’d rather have him in San Diego developing the defensive side of his game against superior competition

Reactions: Leonardo87

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Perreault having to go back to juniors next year sucks. If he applies what he’s learned in the AHL in the second half of the season, he’s going to destroy the OHL next year. I’d rather have him in San Diego developing the defensive side of his game against superior competition

I think going back to the OHL is important for Perreault. I want to see his motivation to remain high and give 110% on the ice despite being on a bad team. I want to see him take on a leadership role too. Perreault can excel on his defense better against his own peers because it'll be perfect practice makes perfect. In the AHL, he looked out of place to start off with. He's slowly coming around, but it can be wearing. I think that's what Drysdale's going through after getting beat up by NHL'ers than AHL'ers. It's kinda like working out. It's all about technique. At the gym, you'll notice a lot of noivce body builders trying to put on a lot of weight on the barbell to barely manage one rep. But if you start low with correct form and lots of reps, then you develop old man strength to lift the heavier weights with proper technique.

I want to see Perreault dominate the OHL next year at a minimum! LoL I believe Perreault's got Lucas Raymond like tool kit and to use it to exploit the OHL.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Agozzino takes Carrick's spot on the top line, and Groulx slots into Agozzino's vacated spot on the 3rd line. Devane in for Drew, and Guhle is still injured. Dostal gets the start.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad