GDT: San Diego Gulls 2020/2021 (continuous)

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Gulls are actually using 12 forwards tonight! Guhle and Curran come out for Roy and Brouillard. Still no Dostie or Badini. Drysdale is now playing with Benoit, that might be interesting.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Reign have fallen asleep since I made that post. Groulx capitalizes on a partial breakaway to make it 1-1. Poturalski sprung him off a Reign turnover at the Gulls' blue line.

Reactions: Static

anezthes

Mar 20, 2014
Morand and Dostie are all motor.

That's really interesting to hear. Not what I expected based on Morand's QMJHL career, but I'm glad if it's working for him.

Kinda silly I guess, but I hope he makes it if for no other reason then for the story of two best buds playing on the same team.

Last edited:
Reactions: lwvs84

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
That's really interesting to hear. Not what I expected based on Morand's QMJHL career, but I'm glad if it's working for him.

Kinda silly I guess, but I hope he makes it if for no other reason then for the story of two best buds playing on the same team.

I said it during one of the GDTs but I liked Morand a lot when he entered the Q and when we drafted him but soured on him by the end because his offense sort of stagnated and only came in bursts. He always played pretty gritty off the puck but I didn't see a ton of upside.

He has added so much speed over the past couple seasons and still plays guys hard, plus I do know that he has some skill under the surface. I could see him making the NHL in a bottom 6 capacity some day, whether it's with us or somewhere else. I would love for him to get to play with Comtois in the NHL, that would be a great story.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Gulls down 3-1 to a Barracuda team missing 5 of their top 6 scorers. They really need to pick up their game because they regularly play below their capabilities.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad