GDT: Sammy vs 801 - 5pm MTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
So…….flash back a year.

Someone says “year from now, Caps beat up on a top Leafs team, as they battle for position in the east!”

“Oh yeah, who played well? Ovi, Backs, Wils, Kuz? Carlson? Sammy?”

“Nah, top 3 stars were Gustafson, Milano, and Lindgren”

(blank stare)….”ahhhh, whose that again??”

I love it. It's precisely what we wanted is those guys stepping up and filling the gap. Just hold the line and create comradery. Even the official media haters of the Caps admitted when healthy the Caps can be a force.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
You can’t let milano go.

He's becoming a great reclamation project. If he can become the next Connelly or DSP type of pickup, we're in for good times.

That’s news to me. He was a promising prospect poised to take over the Caps after Holtby, but it never materialized.

That and prospects are coveted, especially first round picks. I say let them prove it first.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Love Oshie but I’m getting kinda tired of this.

His body is catching up with him, but you can't replace his heart and soul, especially locker room presence. He's like an old warrior who's taken too many wounds. He still young enough, but he's going to feel all those prior injuries in a decade. It sucks to see a guy who loves the game and people so much to go through agonizing injuries frequently.

Reactions: SecretaryofDefense5

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
I thought Gustafson played poorly in the preseason and was baffled that he got a starting spot. But he’s played decently all season and recently he’s been downright good. He’s got a real offensive upside too.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Both Gus and Strome (and Milano) were all cited as having lack of 2-way play and outright bad at defense. Haven’t seen that from any of them. Gus had a bit of a rougher start leaning to play in Lavi’s system. Makes sense, because I think it is a tough system for dee men who are required to activate and still be a defensively responsible.

Gus and JC74 pairing has really settled and it allows a strong 2nd pair with Orlov and Jensen who were our best last year. With Fever and TVR together, that is a strong top 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad