GDT: Sammy vs 801 - 5pm MTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
If anything, his pure technical game is not one of his strongest assets (relatively speaking compared to other NHL starters - obviously he's miles ahead of all of us). He's really good about challenging to cut down angle and make himself look big (which are technical skills), but what sets him apart during this stretch is his strength and compete-level. He sticks with every opportunity until its bitter end, and sometimes displays some really impressive core strength to maintain his posture while in a scramble situation.
also not an expert and maybe it's not what you'd call a technical asset but his "stop, drop, and pop" times are so crisp. All of his crease movement seems to be focused and fast, he slams his pads down, and he seems really gifted at getting back up and into a ready position quickly.

His angles and overall technique may not play into that enough to call it technique but whatever you want to call it, his style, those gifts and that competitive mindset you talked about seem to be what give him his edge and he looks like a genuinely good goaltender.

Reactions: Empty Goal Net

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Missed the game but from the highlights I see our old friend Sammie is back to his usual self.

How was Kuzy overall?

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Classic Sammy tonight.
Yeah it was pretty funny seeing how bad he was. I don't think he was comfortable being back in Capital One.

Someone in the Leafs GDT said "he must have gone out drinking with the boys last night" (meaning his former Caps teammates). I was tempted to say "pretty sure the Caps do NOT like him".

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yeah it was pretty funny seeing how bad he was. I don't think he was comfortable being back in Capital One.

Someone in the Leafs GDT said "he must have gone out drinking with the boys last night" (meaning his former Caps teammates). I was tempted to say "pretty sure the Caps do NOT like him".

Seemed like he and Ovie were chumming it up on the ice.

But the overall performance suggests Sammy has a mental block surrounding this team that was triggered by that building and setting, which means he probably wouldn't have had the great start for us and needed a change of scenery.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Great win.

Happy for Gus and Milano. Both seem to be great bargain signings. You could put Lindgren on that same category too.

Reactions: Fred22406Capsfan

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Lost my hat but not a bad game being my first one since the banner raising night. Would have loved to seen 801/802 but tonight works out just fine
Glad to see you made a game. I know you wanted to go to Thursday’s game. Saturday much better! Now it needs to happen on Monday!

Reactions: Cappy76

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky
Glad to see you made a game. I know you wanted to go to Thursday’s game. Saturday much better! Now it needs to happen on Monday!
Yea we managed to snag tickets last minute. Was my kids first home game as they’d only been in Nashville. Might have finally made my older girl a hockey fan after seeing it live at home.

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
Pretty easy to hurt feelings in Snowflake land. Unless you're one of the regulars, watch what you say here.

Ah, I remember you from the official forums. Must've been one of that group that went on about HF having some kind of Gestapo vibe. That hasn't been my experience, so maybe give it a fair shake.

The thing you commented on here is part of the territorial HF Team Board vs. Other HF Team Board vibe that's kind of encouraged here -- razzing on the main boards is very common, and when you have the stones to wander into "enemy territory" by visiting another team's board to stir things up, grenades get lobbed at you. It's harmless, fosters camaraderie on the team forums, and is a natural way to encourage people to be respectful.

The same kinda shit used to go down on the official forums all the time, except even respectful visitors would get flamed and harassed by the extreme dipshits in attendance there. They're why that forum got shut down, and why the replacement forum they created was an embarrassing joke and is currently a ghost town.

Stick around and give this one a chance without the bullshit goggles on. Good people here.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Pretty easy to hurt feelings in Snowflake land. Unless you're one of the regulars, watch what you say here.
It has nothing to do with hurt feelings. The people who own and pay for the site have a set of rules for the site and moderators are in place to enforce the rules. It’s really that simple.

If you have an issue with what can and can’t be posted here take it up with the people who own the site and make the rules. Either that or make your own website and do whatever you want with it but if you’re going to post here, don’t post shit that goes against forum rules.

And for the record, HFCaps is one of the least strict boards.

Reactions: YippieKaey

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It has nothing to do with hurt feelings. The people who own and pay for the site have a set of rules for the site and moderators are in place to enforce the rules. It’s really that simple.

If you have an issue with what can and can’t be posted here take it up with the people who own the site and make the rules. Either that or make your own website and do whatever you want with it but if you’re going to post here, don’t post shit that goes against forum rules.

And for the record, HFCaps is one of the least strict boards.
And we appreciate you and the other Mods past and present who let us hash things out amongst ourselves most of the time….

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
As you can see by my join date been here a long time. And had a long stretch as a mod from roughly '05 to '15. The core members here are a bit of a subset of normal sports fans being more on the NHL draftnik side for the early years (including myself) but probably a little more rounded fan-wise currently.

With my ten year stretch one of my primary goals was to be welcoming to new capitals posters to grow the base here. I have not seen any of the mods since my first tenure coming down on new posters or playing favorites.

All that said. This is the internetz. No one's post is better than anyone else's. If you have some examples that you would like to share of preferential treatment feel free to me or any Caps mod here or a global mod if you prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad