Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Unless this is "make room for Buff",

no-sir-idont-like-it-imgflip-com-32295951.png

Rheged

JMFT
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Defense is gonna be a wild ride this season.

I would expect this one likely means Little or Beaulieu are back soon.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
This merely allows Niku to play tonight for the Moose and saves a bit on the cap. He hasn’t played much with his injury this year. He will likely be recalled on Saturday. People love to freak out though.

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
Defense is gonna be a wild ride this season.

I would expect this one likely means Little or Beaulieu are back soon.
They still have 7 D on the roster. Maybe, they will just carry 22 players.

AKAChip

Nov 19, 2013
Winnipeg
This merely allows Niku to play tonight for the Moose and saves a bit on the cap. He hasn’t played much with his injury this year. He will likely be recalled on Saturday. People love to freak out though.
This will be the company line until the guy has moved on to another team with under 50 games played for this franchise.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
he absolutely was ahead of poolman on the depth charts and somehow let him pass him by the looks of it. he will play lots this year with injuries so this is not a big deal.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Didn't seem to be injured in Pitt. Gotta be tough for him as Heinola stays up. Beginning to think he either gets his next real shot once Heiny heads back to Finland or when he ends up on another team. Mo magic.

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Niku wasn't 100 percent game ready after his injury, Needed some conditioning. Would you have rather had him slot in over Bietto and have him risk injury/reaggravating his groin?

Where are you getting that information from?
First he was healthy scratched. Now he has been sent down again so he can play with the Moose today. That doesn't sound like protecting his injury.

Reactions: AKAChip and hn777

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
No, not really, actually not at all.

I can tell you right now, Niku will be a 200 plus game defender, with this team, with Maurice as the coach and with Bietto getting as many games as he wants.

While I prefer Sami and am a big fan, I also understand that he has not had a smooth start to his season with the accident, with missing games. We right now have the youngest blue line in the league, with Bietto in, and Maurice probably wants some veteran presence back there to keep the youngsters grounded.

Add in Bietto is a talker, loud and consistent throughout the entire game. When you are as young as we are, having some that bench energy is very important

Add in the clearing of waivers and our depleted blue line not wanting to risk losing another D, its not that outlandish.

So ..... both Niku and Bitetto are going to play? At the same time? So who gets cut to make room? Are you suggesting that Bitetto will be re-signed for next year too?

I don't think there is any probably about it. Maurice wants his veteran presence back there. The world wonders why? Might be different if that veteran talker was any good.

Do you seriously think that Bitetto being waived is something the Jets should worry about?

Reactions: TS Quint and hn777

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Not starting some one is not treating them like garbage. Calling up a other dmam instead of niku would be. Also if we had the same d core as last year good chance nilu would be in instead bitetto. Might want him in just because he might want another pker and niku cant do that.

Niku can't PK? Everybody can PK. Get in a box. Block shooting lanes. Get the puck out if you ever get a chance. Is Bitetto an outstanding PK'er?

Reactions: AKAChip

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Niku can't PK? Everybody can PK. Get in a box. Block shooting lanes. Get the puck out if you ever get a chance. Is Bitetto an outstanding PK'er?
Guy hasn't even broken into league and you got him pking faster then Morrissey who was given that responsibility about a year after he broke in. People need to relax with this guy.
He can't pk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad