Speculation: Sam Reinhart

BananaSquad

Jun 13, 2013
Niagara
Not the biggest Reinhart fan, but I’m not moving him unless it’s another forward coming back, and really with his chemistry with Eichel and Skinner why even entertain it.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
It’s just goalpost moving. Everyone sees it, believe me.

And it’s ok to want Reinhart to get pointzzz without Eichel before throwing him a big long term contract ... but I hear crickets when suggesting we do the same for Skinner. Or anyone for that matter who may be lucky enough to be on Eichel’s line.
If Skinner can produce 40 goals/30 assists with Eichel, but only 25 goals and 20 assists without him ... well then! Hold the phone ... he’s just not worthy of a long term contract more than 6.5 per.

And those points better be evenly distributed through the entire season before we sign either of them to long term deals.
No slumps or bad luck allowed!

Am I doing this right?

Personally I hope they don't resign Skinner if it's a stupid deal. If he can be locked up reasonably then great. Same for Reinhart

Wingers are interchangeable especially when playing alongside someone as talented as Eichel.

If you could trade either guy for a young shut down D either as a long term partner for Dahlin or to anchor a second pairing - then you do that pretty quickly IMO.

Then again - considering the type of Garbage offers we're likely to get in a thread like this it's probably easier to agree & say Sam is not for sale...

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He's already done that on many occasions. FFS, he was producing fine earlier this season carrying around Sobotka and Thompson. Of course he produces more with Eichel (any player would), but he might be the only forward on the team who's clearly demonstrated the ability to produce away from Eichel also.

We’re talking about two different things,

If he wants to be paid like a 70 point player he needs to score more than 50 without Eichel.

This isn’t difficult.

Ffs.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
We’re talking about two different things,

If he wants to be paid like a 70 point player he needs to score more than 50 without Eichel.

This isn’t difficult.

Ffs.

It seems very difficult for you.

This just isn’t how it works... for anyone in the NHL. It didn’t work this way for Draisaitl getting 8.5 with McDavid. It won’t work that way for Laine (w/ Scheifele). It’s not gonna work that way for Marner.

You don’t need to invent bananas narratives to hide behind...

Reactions: ZZamboni

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Personally I hope they don't resign Skinner if it's a stupid deal. If he can be locked up reasonably then great. Same for Reinhart

Wingers are interchangeable especially when playing alongside someone as talented as Eichel.

If you could trade either guy for a young shut down D either as a long term partner for Dahlin or to anchor a second pairing - then you do that pretty quickly IMO.

Then again - considering the type of Garbage offers we're likely to get in a thread like this it's probably easier to agree & say Sam is not for sale...

Wingers are not fungible assets. This season marks the first time Eich has had 2 wingers he meshes well with, and it's showing on the score sheet, and it's changing the outcome of games for the positive. Wingers are not as important as centers or defense, but you need quality players all over your roster to build a cup contending team.

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Aavvaa

Jul 2, 2018
I don't know about anyone else, but it seems obvious to me that Skinner-Eichel-anyone can be a very good line. Why not use Reinhart at center on the 2nd line (to see if he really is capable of driving the offense on his own line) thus making Buffalo an even more dangerous team?
They had that for a while, and it worked.

Thing is, the Skinner-Eichel-Reinhart line is basically a cheat code now. They score every game. It would be absolutely insane to break them up, specifically right now.

Give it a few weeks and I reckon that line could see a different RW, but for now, just let them produce.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad