Speculation: Sam Reinhart

gearharb

Apr 12, 2007
USA!!!
What would it take to get Reinhart out of Buffalo? It looks like the light has finally turned on for him, having a strong season on top of his great 2nd half last season.

1st plus top 4 d?

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
What would it take to get Reinhart out of Buffalo? It looks like the light has finally turned on for him, having a strong season on top of his great 2nd half last season.

1st plus top 4 d?

Do you think Buffalo's rebuilding again or something? There not trading good players for picks. Plus one of Buffalos weaknesses is at the position he plays. Might as well end thread.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Funny how the light goes on for a struggling player when he gets to play with a 1C.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I don’t see Reinhart getting traded. He’s always underrated, but he’s part of what you’d consider our core.

If he were though, it would be a package type deal to get an upgrade at center or right shot d, not futures.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I don’t see Reinhart getting traded. He’s always underrated, but he’s part of what you’d consider our core.

If he were though, it would be a package type deal to get an upgrade at center or right shot d, not futures.

I don't see Buffalo trading Reinhart for anything. Okposo would be thier best RW if he got traded. I could see Buffalo trading someone else for another top 6 RW.

Last edited:

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
I think he’s gonna be a core piece moving forward. He’s a great 3rd piece to go with that Skinner-Eichel combo. He can also be moved around the lineup and used in a variety of roles.

Reactions: Katani Kalan

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Skinner - Eichel - Reinhart are in Buffalo to stay. That line is gold right now, and, barring injury, for the foreseeable future.
Reinhart is on a 2 yr bridge @ 3.65 mil. Once Skinner gets inked after the deadline and Buffalo sheds Moulson and Pominville they'll be in prime cap position to lock up both Reinhart and Dahlin to long term extensions.

That is why you won't see any serious salary players coming Buffalo's way in deals. Botterill is playing the long game, and he's proven to be very good at it.

Reinhart is off the table.

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
I'd consider a young shut down first pairing dman like Trouba or Pesce (Preferably right shot) , (assuming we could secure him long term). Short of that, the Reinhart trade train has left the station, sorry you missed it.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida

1st plus top 4 d?

an even better point per game 23 year old.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005

1st plus top 4 d?
So you wait until the guy "finally turned the light on", the team is finally winning and could be contending and THAT'S the time you ask if he's available.

The boat has sailed for the forseeable future.

Reactions: td_ice

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I think Reinhart is an important piece to that 1st line. Eichel has praised him, Buffalo is better off keeping him, adress your needs another way.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Same thing I have said for Eichel. Just put him on a team that is not a tire fire, and he will be fine. Right now he is more than fine. 32 pts in 34 games at 3.65M

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Reinhart is a Swiss Army knife. He’s not the flashiest, fastest, biggest or the hardest shot. But he’s just smart and makes smart plays that lead to chances, he’s not someone who looks like a typical star but at the end of the night he’s probably just as effective.

Reactions: N.Y. Orangeman

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Sam is going nowhere and but love for him to come home to Vancouver. Maybe when he hits UFA in a few years for now he's on a smoking hot line and doing great !!

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Looks like he made a smart play betting on himself with a bridge deal.

Should be in line for some big dollars if he keeps this up.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I wouldn’t say he is untraceable...he May need to be traded if buffalo .

1, felt they needed a 2C and Reinhart wasn’t it
2 they feel they could be really tight against the cap in 2021 after signing Dahlin.
3 they felt the needed more on D and felt they had good developed depth wingers from their drafts in 2016-20.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
There’s no need to do anything for the next season and a half. He’s on a great contract through next season. They aren’t going to get the value back of a player making less than 4 mil who is as productive so why do it? If he wants more than they want to give him after next year maybe

Reactions: La Cosa Nostra

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad