Player Discussion Sam Reinhart, Part II: The Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
We are going to need to acquire another top 6 winger if we are moving Reinhart to center. As of now, Reinhart is one of our best wingers.

I would like to see a 2/8 type bridge deal. Reinhart is never going to be a ppg player so I am not worried about him signing a bridge deal then exploding for a obscene amount of points. No. He will be the guy who gradually increases his point total until he tops off at ~55-60 points max. That won't cost more then 6 mil per especially if he's just a winger.

Evander Kane just scored 54 points, the most he’s scored in the last 5 years... and he got 7 per.

Bridging Reinhart and seeing him become a 55-60 scorer would wind up costing us a lot more.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Casey reminds me of a dog play group who has decided that the ball is his. The ball in this case is the puck.

That said he has an advantage in foot speed over Sam. Sam does make plays to regain possession but he has a little bit limited compared to Casey in a foot race.

So roll a line of erod, casey, sobotka out and see which one wants the puck more...possession skills for everyone lol.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Well if he gives Sam a bridge we'll tear Botts down, yes.

I want a 1 year deal or a 5+ year deal... a 2-3 year deal would be frustrating...

I worry that he acquired so much cap space over the next 2 years... that he'll go bridge with Reinhart, which would basically be doubling down on stupid cap distribution.

Reactions: sabrebuild

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
According to Hockey Reference Sam has a Similarity Score to Dylan Larkin. Sam Reinhart Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

Both are RFAs so it will be interesting to see what contract Larkin gets. Since Larkin plays center and has slightly better stats I think that Reinhart should fall slightly under his contract.
Dylan will probably get a bit more. Larkin separated the light from darkness, and the waters from the waters above, and put the two great lights in the dome of the sky, etc.,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad