Prospect Info: Sam Reinhart (2014, 2nd) – '14-15: Kootenay #23 (WHL) – Part 1: Returned to juniors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
I have seen all of the following from different media outlets for comparisons:

Henrik Zetterberg, Jonathan Toews, Adam Oates, Steve Yzerman, John Tavares, Brad Richards, and Joe Sakic.

I like the Ron Francis compare. That's who he most reminds me of.

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com

I'm freaking thrilled. :D

Great choice! Gonna be an excellent player for years to come!

I've been smiling ever since Murray said his name.

So happy.

I couldn't have said it better than these comments. Guy I wanted all along! Adds to our new young core. Thank you Tim Murray

and wasn't Murray's announcement classic! No thank you phily, no we are proud to select, no nonsense....here's the name

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I wonder if any of our regulars here were of the 20-some Sabres fans getting Reinharts autograph.

Tank for Reinhart where you at brah.

I'm here! Sorry I was downtown at draft party with some friends, just got back. I have video of him being drafted and the fans reaction at the arena. Everyone was so pumped!

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@BuffaloSabres #Sabres fans - we have Sam Reinhart here to answer some of your questions. Send them our way.. #AskSam
@BuffaloSabres - Q - who are you cheering for in the World Cup? A: Huge soccer fan. Messi and Argentina.
@BuffaloSabres - Q - what player do you want to model your game after? A: Try and learn from Jonathan Toews.
@BuffaloSabres - Q - What excites you most about Sabres? Will u wear #23? A: Great hockey town with the best fans. Would love to.
@BuffaloSabres - Q - who was your favourite player growing up?
 A: Jarome Iginla.
@BuffaloSabres - Q - Favorite brother? A: Depends on the day.

Last edited:

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Thrilled. Had our choice on top forward and went with the guy who was tops for the longest time with no reason to think he's out of place there.

OcAirlines

Jul 18, 2009
Success-Kid.jpg

SabreBlood

Mar 31, 2012
I couldn't have said it better than these comments. Guy I wanted all along! Adds to our new young core. Thank you Tim Murray

and wasn't Murray's announcement classic! No thank you phily, no we are proud to select, no nonsense....here's the name

Loved how the entire build up played out - couldn't have gone any better!

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
SABRES SELECT SAM REINHART SECOND OVERALL IN NHL DRAFT
BUFFALO, N.Y. (June 27, 2014) --- The Buffalo Sabres selected center Sam Reinhart (Kootenay - WHL) with the second overall pick of the 2014 NHL Entry Draft. He is the team’s first-ever second overall pick and the highest selection for the club since it picked Pierre Turgeon first overall in 1987.

Reinhart (6’1â€, 186 lbs., 11/6/95), the third-ranked North American skater and second-ranked North American center on NHL Central Scouting’s final rankings, joins the Sabres organization after playing four years in the Western Hockey League (WHL) for the Kootenay Ice. In addition to serving as Kootenay’s captain in 2013-14, he was named the WHL 2013-14 Player of the Year and Most Sportsmanlike Player of the Year.

In 2013-14, Reinhart led Kootenay with 105 points (36+69) in 60 games, tying for fourth overall in the WHL with Leon Draisaitl (selected third overall by Edmonton). He also led his team with 23 points (6+17) in 13 playoff games, advancing three rounds before Kootenay fell to the Portland Winterhawks in the Western Conference Championship.

Through his four seasons with Kootenay and the WHL, Reinhart has recorded 254 points (101+153) in 203 games. Additionally, he captained Canada’s gold medal-winning teams at both the 2012 Ivan Hlinka Memorial and the 2013 Under-18 World Championship.

Born in North Vancouver, B.C., Reinhart comes from a long line of hockey players in his family. Reinhart’s brother, Max, was selected by the Calgary Flames in the third round (63rd overall) of the 2010 NHL Draft, while his brother, Griffin, was selected in the first round (fourth overall) by the New York Islanders in 2012. Their father, Paul, was selected in the first round (12th overall) by the Atlanta Flames in 1979 and played 11 NHL seasons with the Flames and Vancouver Canucks. Sam played alongside Max with the WHL’s Kootenay Ice (in 2010-11 and 2011-12) and with Griffin on Team Canada at the 2014 World Junior Championship.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
So, over/under on how many games it will take for him to surpass last season's goal total for the last Sabre to wear #23?

EDIT: he already matched it, doh.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
@BuffaloSabres - Q - Favorite brother? A: Depends on the day.

This made me giggle and being the youngest out of 2 other siblings as well I learned a lot from everyone before me and I learned life lessons earlier without experiencing them first hand which I feel gave me more knowledge and self awareness growing up that I think Sam will be the best Reinhart out of the entire family just seeing and watching everyone before him.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Anyone have the Black Book, McKeen's, FC, Red Line, ISS, etc to share some excerpts for Reinhart or our picks tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad