Prospect Info: Sam Reinhart (2014, 2nd) – '14-15: Kootenay #23 (WHL) – Part 1: Returned to juniors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karate Johnson*

i just really hope our playoff timetable doesn't hinge on young Samsons ability to grow a beard for them

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I like the idea of him being on the wing. Imo TM was hinting towards this and possibly Grigorenko not having opportunities like that when he talked about some guys moving forward and some not under Nolan. Sam was clearly drafted in hopes of being a top center but, at this point, they would want to give them every opportunity to succeed as opposed to bang or bust.

LaFontaineToMogilny

Jul 16, 2013
I like the idea of him being on the wing. Imo TM was hinting towards this and possibly Grigorenko not having opportunities like that when he talked about some guys moving forward and some not under Nolan. Sam was clearly drafted in hopes of being a top center but, at this point, they would want to give them every opportunity to succeed as opposed to bang or bust.

In watching Kootenay games I've noticed that he tends to take the puck really wide down the left wing and look for options in the center of the ice or attacking the far post. Or take the puck to the net as in the short video linked above in this thread. It made me think similar thoughts that it would be an idea to break him in on that wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad