Prospect Info: Sam Reinhart (2014, 2nd) – '14-15: Kootenay #23 (WHL) – Part 1: Returned to juniors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Kane - McDavid - Reinhart
Moulson - Girgensons - Hodgson
Foligno - Grigorenko - Ennis
Deslauriers - Larsson - Gionta

I like it.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Reinhart is such a prototypical elite second line center, no interest in moving him to wing long term.

Agreed. I feel like he wouldn't be able to fully utilize his skills on the wing. He can play there, but I just don't see him being successful at that spot. Would rather ease him into the role starting with the 3C role.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Agreed. I feel like he wouldn't be able to fully utilize his skills on the wing. He can play there, but I just don't see him being successful at that spot. Would rather ease him into the role starting with the 3C role.

Kane - McDavid - Ennis
Moulson - O'Reilly - Girgensons
Foligno - Reinhart - Hodgson
Deslauriers - Larsson - Gionta

I like that too. :) Assuming that we can get O'Reilly reasonably (note that I assumed Grigorenko goes the other way in the deal). Huge unreasonable assumption on my part, but what else do I have to do right now? Oh right...work.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I don't quite think that was the plan when Pittsburgh drafted him.

We can at least agree that he was never going to be the first line center on the Pens, right? It's possible that they planned to make him a winger and it didn't work out, but 2nd line center was his absolute ceiling on that team without switching positions.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
We can at least agree that he was never going to be the first line center on the Pens, right? It's possible that they planned to make him a winger and it didn't work out, but 2nd line center was his absolute ceiling on that team without switching positions.

I am pretty sure BPA was the plan when he was drafted. Get talent and sort it out later.

Karate Johnson*

Regardless of what Reinharts upside is in a vacuum,his upside in Buffalo is 2nd line center.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
I'm not really sure what this debate is about. Does anyone really think Reinhart will end up as the first line center on this team in the coming years? I'm also not really sure why the designation matters. We are projecting to have two elite lines, and I assume they will get pretty close to equal playing time.

Karate Johnson*

So?

That's like saying Malkin's upside in Pittsburgh became that of a 2C after they drafted Crosby.

So that's a tremendous advantage for Reinhart.

I don't know if he's a guy that will ever be an elite top line guy which is what the arguement was.

But he could absolutely be an elite 2nd line center, which is all he'll ever be asked to be here.

Let say we were drafting 3rd. The pressure would all fall on Reinhart to be the guy going forward. I would not like that.

Knowing we have McEichel makes me feel a lot better about Reinhartslong term success

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
So?

That's like saying Malkin's upside in Pittsburgh became that of a 2C after they drafted Crosby.

Which is a factually accurate statement. No matter how much ice time a healthy Malkin gets, a healthy Crosby will always get more as the de facto #1C in Pittsburgh.

Look, I like Reinhart. I think he's going to be an elite #2C in the NHL in about 2-3 years. I just don't think he has the tools, the size or the game to be a #1. If we get your average Kopitar/Carter season out of him on a yearly basis (roughly 65 points) we're doing fantastic (as long as we're getting your average Tavares/Stamkos season out of Eichel). Your average Crosby/Malkin season from McDavid would obviously be even better.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Which is a factually accurate statement. No matter how much ice time a healthy Malkin gets, a healthy Crosby will always get more as the de facto #1C in Pittsburgh.

Look, I like Reinhart. I think he's going to be an elite #2C in the NHL in about 2-3 years. I just don't think he has the tools, the size or the game to be a #1. If we get your average Kopitar/Carter season out of him on a yearly basis (roughly 65 points) we're doing fantastic (as long as we're getting your average Tavares/Stamkos season out of Eichel). Your average Crosby/Malkin season from McDavid would obviously be even better.

If Reinhart is putting up Kopitar stats, he's a 1C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad