Player Discussion Sam Reinhart – Part 2: Opportunity Knocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Reinhart is a star in the making. I admit I was unsure of him at the draft, I went back and forth between him, Bennett and Draisaitl. Now, I haven't watched the latter two much and maybe they're just as good. It doesn't matter. Reinhart is awesome. The way he positions himself, how he finds his teammates. He knows where they are and where he should be. We all knew of the high IQ, but it's even better than I could imagine.

Add to that his ability to do damage in front of the net. That's the biggest surprice to me. I expected him to be much more of a parameter player. But he uses his ability to read the play to get in front of the net at the exact right time, which must be a lot harder to defend against than someone who just goes to the net and hustles.

I'm not about to start a Reinhart vs Eichel debate, but I believe Eichel is more of a superstar you add to a team, a kind of icing on the cake, while Reinhart is the type of player you build a team around. Just great to have them both for the next fifteen years or so. :)

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
it's the only thing that could make this travesty palatable for me - Reinhart being the catalyst of a productive line that doesn't include O'Reilly or Eichel.

Kane Reinhart Ennis

Moulson Reinhart Ennis

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
it's the only thing that could make this travesty palatable for me - Reinhart being the catalyst of a productive line that doesn't include O'Reilly or Eichel.

Kane Reinhart Ennis

I like the sound of this line...lets see what the kid can do with two veteran scorers on his wing.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Reinhart so far has been an excellent complimentary player, I'm just not sure he has the goods yet to be a featured center. I have serious doubts about how this is going to look. Hope he proves me wrong, he has before.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
By Thanksgiving we're going to know a lot more about this kid. I'm thinking he's more ready than we know.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Reinhart so far has been an excellent complimentary player, I'm just not sure he has the goods yet to be a featured center. I have serious doubts about how this is going to look. Hope he proves me wrong, he has before.

When he was in Rochester, word was that Buffalo was unhappy with his development.

When he started out slow, he was questioned.

Now we're questioning his ability again. I think we're all going to be very excited about Reinhart's development after this season.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
It depends on what your expectation level for Reinhart is. Some expected and expects much more.

High expectations breeds high disappointment.

I personally haven't been disappointed in Reinhart at all from draft day to today. He's developing nicely. Work in progress, as it should be.

Good two way? Yes.
Slow skater? No.
Makes others on his line better? Yes
Selfish player? No
Noticeable progress/development? Yes
By all indications, good team mate? Yes
By all indications, good off the ice with the community? Yes
Smart and creative on the ice? Yes

I like where he's at right now.

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
he seems happy enough - i wonder who's having the party

I don't think I've seen one pic of Reinhart outside of the usual hockey/Sabres stuff, where he isn't in some sort of get-up... be it power rangers, halloween, lederhosen, etc.

Seems like a fun kid, doesn't gaf either. :laugh: EDIT: Same with Eichel, to a slightly lesser extent.

Last edited:

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
he seems happy enough - i wonder who's having the party

J2whjPl.jpg

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo

The problem is he is not supposed to be a complimentary player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad