Confirmed with Link: Sam Morin re-signed, 3yr x $700K

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
I still believe hak is the only reason Morin didn’t make the team last year. He didn’t have faith in ghost and moved him to the left. Which he has done again and ghost doesn’t look near as good or dangerous. He saw hagg play similar to amac on the right side. So it came done to one potential spot for left d. This is one of my big problems this year. Now that provy is looking better move ghost back up to the right and hagg back to the left where he looked better. This way you can shelter him and folin more instead of exposing other lines. It’s poor coaching when you see this. This would allow more consistency with the rest of the scoring lines with dman who can move the puck up ice and cycle. Still think lehteras number are being boosted by seeing more time with dman who drive the puck up ice.

Foggy14

Sep 13, 2017
:huh:

Well that was a waste of my time.

Was it?

I mean, have you really beheld the thing? It's the written version of a Picasso painting.

I think you're right.

I was also getting a strong Waiting for Godot vibe. :naughty:

PmRVuR.gif

Oct 26, 2018
somewhere
www.facebook.com
Imagine if Morin was in an organization that knew how to develop young players properly and didn't pigeon-hole them into roles before their development was finished?

Morin will never be as good as he could have been because of the Philadelphia Flyers.

The Phantoms have one of the best développement team and coachs you can find in the Ahl. That is why they had so much succes in the past years.

The player and what he is have his full destiny in his hands. Never the less.

I would be very interested to learn how Colton Parayko or Brandon Carlo have made their way into the Nhl with the Bruins and the Blues.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
The Phantoms have one of the best développement team and coachs you can find in the Ahl. That is why they had so much succes in the past years.

The player and what he is have his full destiny in his hands. Never the less.

I would be very interested to learn how Colton Parayko or Brandon Carlo have made their way into the Nhl with the Bruins and the Blues.
So you haven't watched any Phantoms games...?

Angry Hockey Dad

Eat up Johnny
May 30, 2013
Canada
Well, that means you have to hate, not only Sam's distant genius cousin, but also Claude Giroux, Bernard Parent, Andre Dupont, Simons Gagne et Nolet, Nicholas Aube-Kubel, etc.

You can add Daniel Brière, Martin Biron & Eric Desjardins.

Sean Couturier also speaks french.

And Vincent Lecavalier! Ok maybe not Lecavalier..

Well f***. You guys got me

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He should have been in the NHL in some capacity as a 21 year old...at least, let alone last year as a 22 year old. By the time he returns he'll have missed essentially two seasons during his developmental years. That is pretty tough to overcome. Anything he provides will be a bonus. He had some raw ability before his rash of injuries last year. I have no idea what to expect from him now and it doesn't look like there is a lot of room for him to develop in this organization.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Morin should be back by March, he'll get a cameo this spring, and a full shot in TC next fall.
He was signed to a 3 year deal, so Hextall sees him as part of the team for now, but with young defensemen behind him, he has to earn his spot in 2019-20.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Morin is a good lesson in not taking the health of our players and prospects for granted when hockey is such a rough and cosmically unfair sport. He was a rock in his first two pro years, missing zero games thru injury. Then his 3rd season was ruined by a recurring groin strain that eventually needed surgery, and months after that was done, his skate got caught in a rut and boom, his ACL gets torn.

With how long it's taking Allison to come back, I'm thinking a February return for Morin could easily become March and he might not get in any games in the final month of the season. Assuming they needed an extra dman, Friedman or Myers would be better options at that point.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If not for the asinine organizational notion that the NHL "is not a development league" and their desire for every prospect that gets called up to play ABSOLUTELY PERFECT, Morin would have spent a good chunk of the 16-17 season in the NHL rather than giving those minutes to Nick f***ing Schultz. That would have had him in a good position to make the roster full-time in 17-18 and in 18-19, we would have a behemoth on our backend with a fair amount of NHL experience.

When it comes to Morins development, the organization has botched it completely so far. Just like they've botched their coaching staff hires and goaltending acquisitions.

Last edited:

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Morin and Stolarz are similar cases in that regard. Both were on the brink of being NHL ready, both could have gotten their feet wet and played a fair amount of games during campaigns that were more or less meaningless towards the end anyway but they failed to clear room on the roster.

Missed opportunities, multiple injuries and now their careers are pretty much in jeopardy.
Can't tell if just bad luck or they are simply not Hextall's favourite guys.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Stolarz played enough as a 22 year old for Hextall to protect him in the expansion draft. His knee injuries weren't anything but bad luck.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Stolarz played enough as a 22 year old for Hextall to protect him in the expansion draft. His knee injuries weren't anything but bad luck.

Stolarz should have played more from when Neuvirth went down mid-November of 2016 until he was healthy by the end of January 2017. Instead, Hakstol rode Mason into the ground.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Stolarz should have played more from when Neuvirth went down mid-November of 2016 until he was healthy by the end of January 2017. Instead, Hakstol rode Mason into the ground.
Crazy that we had a 22/23 year old goalie who is 2-1-1 .928 SV% and a 2.07 GAA......and we had no confidence in him to let him play more.

That was the turning point for him. We should have played him more to see if it was sustainable and who knows, he could have become our starter. We missed out on the opportunity to give a young goalie the chance to run with it. Then the disaster last year happened.

And here we are 2 years later and know nothing more.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Crazy that we had a 22/23 year old goalie who is 2-1-1 .928 SV% and a 2.07 GAA......and we had no confidence in him to let him play more.

That was the turning point for him. We should have played him more to see if it was sustainable and who knows, he could have become our starter. We missed out on the opportunity to give a young goalie the chance to run with it. Then the disaster last year happened.

The writing was on the wall with that move.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

You might as well save this as a form for future posts about others too.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
That's no different than assuming Neuvirth, off his 3 playoff games against the Caps, should have been our starting goalie.
Whatever Stolarz might or might not have done before his knee injuries doesn't tell you what he is now.

And I wouldn't get excited about a small NHL sample: 3 years in the AHL, .905, .916, .911. Not exactly dominance.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Morin would've probably made the team this year had he not been hurt -- what's this nonsense about his development being botched as if it's fact?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

How would that have changed anything?

Stolarz's knee injury happened at the end of the 16-17 AHL regular season.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad