Proposal: Sam Bennett to boston

imjustzach

May 9, 2018
The problem is some Flames fans are trying to sell Bennett based of his draft position and as if he is already the player he potentially COULD be. I think it's way too early to call him a bust as some are saying but trying to sell someone who has the potential to be a 40-50 points player for someone who already is a 40-50 point player is not going to work unless there are significant factors outside of their production (e.g. position needs, age, internal disputes, etc.).

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I think Boston should just give Heinen a shot at center. He has played there before while developing, he is above average defensively and he forechecks very well.

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
A trade like this would remind me of 2 2nds for Brett Connolly. Bennett is interesting but Heinen is a 200 ft player with even more untapped offense. Plays every forward position. Doesn’t really lack anything, but also doesn’t do anything amazingly(aside from board battles, and he has a nasty snapshot)

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Just do not want to sell low on a player that is a lot better than his stats appear.

I can relate to that, it is exactly how I feel about Heinen. Heinen is already scoring at a higher level than Bennett so it is very hard for me to get behind a deal like this. I think Bennett could be a fine 3rd line center for the Bruins but Heinen could be even more. I geuss we will just have to wait and see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad