Proposal: Sam Bennett to boston

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Bennett has one more year to figure it out with the new coach

He will either break out or prove that he is too dumb to be more than a bottom 6 player in the NHL.

The Flames should keep him...unless they find a gambler, nobody is going to give them good value for Bennett.

OilerSuperstar17

Oct 5, 2012
To Boston
Sam Bennett

To Calgary
2019 2nd
Anders bjork/Danton heinen (plays either wing)

It looks like Calgary needs help on the right wing, I think Sam Bennett is a center? He’d be a fit as Boston’s 3c if so. Boston traded 2 2nds for a similar type in Brett Connolly. I think bjork or heinen might possess the value necessary to land Bennett. Heinen might be more valuable based on his season, but i think assuming Bennett plays with some physicality he’d be a better fit for Boston then either bjork or heinen

Calgary's the one who would have to add.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Don't want to give up on Bennett either, but Heinon is really good. This is a huge steal for Calgary. No way Boston does it.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Could he be a good 3rd line center on a good team? Seems to be what he is projected to be but I don't think you trade for Bennett unless you believe in a higher upside than that.

Bruins have cheaper, internal options to fill the holes in their lineup. Don't see them trading young talent to fill bottom six roles.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
I’d rather just experiment without a Heinen or a Donato at center... they’ve both played that a bit in college and could easily have Backes swap draws.
That’s not to undermine Bennett, I think he’s solid.

Tim Vezina Thomas

Jun 4, 2009
I'd do like a 2019 2nd rounder for Bennett. Not giving up on Heinen though especially with Rick Nash likely leaving. Need good wing depth.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Why must you continually make awful proposals? We get it. You don't like Heinen, but this offer is absolutely horrendous. Sam Bennett has yet to record a 40 point season. Heinen just put up 47 in his first year. How Boston adds to this is so bad.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
How is Heinen not worth more than Bennett by himself...?

Calgary should take OP and run - no - sprint - for the hills.

OP doesn't like Heinen so he grossly overpays and thinks it's a good deal. I hope Montecristo has never said a bad thing about Sweeney. This is example A, B, C, and D why. Awful trade.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Why must you continually make awful proposals? We get it. You don't like Heinen, but this offer is absolutely horrendous. Sam Bennett has yet to record a 40 point season. Heinen just put up 47 in his first year. How Boston adds to this is so bad.

It’s definitely a gamble. But I think there is a sliver of a chance Bennett can turn himself into a Sean couturier type. He plays a similar type of defensive game. And has the offensive upside to have a massive year if he can figure it all out. Worst case he’s a 30-40 point 3c who can win draws and kill penalties. Best case he’s couturier.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
It’s definitely a gamble. But I think there is a sliver of a chance Bennett can turn himself into a Sean couturier type. He plays a similar type of defensive game. And has the offensive upside to have a massive year if he can figure it all out. Worst case he’s a 30-40 point 3c who can win draws and kill penalties. Best case he’s couturier.

How can his worst case be something he's never done?

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

If Sam Bennett wasn't a top 5 pick, you wouldn't be bringing him up. How is he a 30-40 point center when he's recorded 30 points once. He's trending more like a 20-30 point player than a 30-40 point player. He saw an increase in FOW's this year, but he's a career 47% at the dot. He only took 219 faceoffs this season; 54% wins. When he took 800+ last season, he was 46%. You traded for him because he's 'grittier' than Heinen is. I'd prefer to keep the better player.

Adding to it with a 2nd makes it even worse.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

30-40 point 3c is Bennett's best case scenario at this point.

18-18-36, -11
13-13-26, -16
11-15-26, -18

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Players are on the wrong side. Bennett and 2nd for heinen and 6th

You do know I've been starting to ignore you and your uninformed guessing games with Flames players, so just a warning, next time you see my name and want to quote me, I'm not even bothering to look at your stupidity and homerism glasses, have a good day.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

18-18-36, -11
13-13-26, -16
11-15-26, -18
Flames fans blame his production on bad linemates. I’ve got a good feeling Bennett with debrusk/donato and backes would be an effective line

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
You do know I've been starting to ignore you and your uninformed guessing games with Flames players, so just a warning, next time you see my name and want to quote me, I'm not even bothering to look at your stupidity and homerism glasses, have a good day.
well it seems like you're not doing a good job at ignoring me because you responded to me; maybe you should re-start.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

18-18-36, -11
13-13-26, -16
11-15-26, -18

The only reason this is a conversation (granted not much of one) is because of where Bennett was drafted.

If you just posted the above numbers without a name and suggested that Heinen (never mind adding a 2nd) would be a fair swap, people would be laughing even more than they are.

I don’t watch Bennett enough to say he can’t improve, but right now his value is not high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad