Proposal: Sam Bennett to boston

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
To Boston
Sam Bennett

To Calgary
2019 2nd
Anders bjork/Danton heinen (plays either wing)

It looks like Calgary needs help on the right wing, I think Sam Bennett is a center? He’d be a fit as Boston’s 3c if so. Boston traded 2 2nds for a similar type in Brett Connolly. I think bjork or heinen might possess the value necessary to land Bennett. Heinen might be more valuable based on his season, but i think assuming Bennett plays with some physicality he’d be a better fit for Boston then either bjork or heinen

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Overpayment from Boston to be honest... But this is what it'd take to get Bennett.

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
I don't really want to act like I know what Sam Bennett's value is right now. I'd assume it's somewhere of a fringe 2nd liner/3rd liner. Still young though but there is a point to where you want to stop buying based upon draft position. I don't think Boston should move Heinen he's looked pretty good in my short viewings. I don't really know much about Bjork, but considering that you are putting him next to Heinen as an equivalent I don't think Boston should do this.

Reactions: wintersej

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Heinen and 2nd for Bennett and 6th/5th? Maybe a 4th? Would be fair value, no pick on flames side is an over payment.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
For that value, I'd have to say yes. However, I really don't want to see Bennett dealt. I'd rather take the chance and hope he pans out.

Boston wouldn't give up that for Bennett though.

Reactions: TFHockey

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Flames take this deal and never looks back...Heinen seems to be the player they expected from Bennett.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Flames take this deal and never looks back...Heinen seems to be the player they expected from Bennett.

Considering Bennett is still a full year younger than Heinen... and Heinen wasn't in the NHL at Bennett's age... I don't think the Flames have given up on Bennett like the Jabrones of HF have.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Considering Bennett is still a full year younger than Heinen... and Heinen wasn't in the NHL at Bennett's age... I don't think the Flames have given up on Bennett like the Jabrones of HF have.

But heinen has in one season put together a season better than any of Bennett’s statistically. So you can say Bennett can still be better sure. But why aren’t you also factoring in heinens own development? Do you expect Bennett to go from 26 points to 47 next season? Or do you just think it’s possible? Because if you are planning on Bennett nearly doubling his point production from this year to next, I’m not sure you’d be willing to trade him for any fair value package from where he sits now

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
But heinen has in one season put together a season better than any of Bennett’s statistically. So you can say Bennett can still be better sure. But why aren’t you also factoring in heinens own development? Do you expect Bennett to go from 26 points to 47 next season? Or do you just think it’s possible? Because if you are planning on Bennett nearly doubling his point production from this year to next, I’m not sure you’d be willing to trade him for any fair value package from where he sits now

Considering those who watched him, know that he had a 10-15 stretch stretch where he was this teams' best player. I still think there's a good chance there's a 50-55-60 point player in him. Gulutzan had a major negative impact on him, more or less plugging him into the 'makeshift' line (His time splits this past two seasons were mostly on lines with: Kris Versteeg (unhealthy), Brouwer (Garbage), Hathaway (AHLer) & Jankowski (Over his head most of the time).

Like I mentioned, Heinen's one season, was still older than all of Sam's so far. I like Sam Bennett a lot, because I still think there's upside and it's not worth trading. If he busts, he busts; but right now he's a fine 3rd liner who can play with 4th liners and make them not horrible.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Considering those who watched him, know that he had a 10-15 stretch stretch where he was this teams' best player. I still think there's a good chance there's a 50-55-60 point player in him. Gulutzan had a major negative impact on him, more or less plugging him into the 'makeshift' line (His time splits this past two seasons were mostly on lines with: Kris Versteeg (unhealthy), Brouwer (Garbage), Hathaway (AHLer) & Jankowski (Over his head most of the time).

Like I mentioned, Heinen's one season, was still older than all of Sam's so far. I like Sam Bennett a lot, because I still think there's upside and it's not worth trading. If he busts, he busts; but right now he's a fine 3rd liner who can play with 4th liners and make them not horrible.

So kind of what I said. He’s not available for trade in your eyes for anything realistic due to your hopes for him as a player despite his lack of production. Heinen produced what he produced with Riley Nash (not very good) and David backes (old and slow). But he still put up 47 points. So while Bennett’s lack of production can be excused away by everything besides himself, why isn’t heinens over production also not looked at more closely? Maybe he’d be better with better linemates too?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
So kind of what I said. He’s not available for trade in your eyes for anything realistic due to your hopes for him as a player despite his lack of production. Heinen produced what he produced with Riley Nash (not very good) and David backes (old and slow). But he still put up 47 points. So while Bennett’s lack of production can be excused away by everything besides himself, why isn’t heinens over production also not looked at more closely? Maybe he’d be better with better linemates too?

I'm definitely not excusing Bennett's lack of production, but he also wasn't put in a position to succeed at all is what I'm saying.

I'm not slighting Heinen, I think he's a great young player.

What I'm saying is, having watched him play for more than 2 games a season; is that there's potential. If you watch him there's potential. He's a smart player, who already plays the PK; he's got speed and okay mitts... just hasn't put it together. Production hasn't been there, but sometimes growth isn't linear. We saw him play the top line when everyone was hot, and he looked excellent. There's something that hasn't clicked yet, and there's really no reason to trade him. IF he has no value in two seasons, you suck it up.

Also, Riley Nash and David Backes would look like Gretzky and Crosby on the ice compared to 5v5 Versteeg, all situation Brouwer, Hathaway and Jankowski :laugh:

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I'm definitely not excusing Bennett's lack of production, but he also wasn't put in a position to succeed at all is what I'm saying.

I'm not slighting Heinen, I think he's a great young player.

What I'm saying is, having watched him play for more than 2 games a season; is that there's potential. If you watch him there's potential. He's a smart player, who already plays the PK; he's got speed and okay mitts... just hasn't put it together. Production hasn't been there, but sometimes growth isn't linear. We saw him play the top line when everyone was hot, and he looked excellent. There's something that hasn't clicked yet, and there's really no reason to trade him. IF he has no value in two seasons, you suck it up.

Also, Riley Nash and David Backes would look like Gretzky and Crosby on the ice compared to 5v5 Versteeg, all situation Brouwer, Hathaway and Jankowski :laugh:

If there wasn’t potential I wouldn’t entertain the idea of trading the more productive player for the less productive one. Bennett’s potential is where his value lies. Not his on ice production. He had an 11 game stretch around thanksgiving where he potted 12 points. So that’s great. But a glass half empty guy says he scored 14 points in 71 games. Which is bad. I think Boston needs what he brings to the table more so than what heinen does. Heinen is a smart offensive player and a reliable defensive one. But he’s not a game breaker. He reminds me of Loui Ericsson a bit (Dallas loui). He’ll score the quietest 50-60 points you’ve ever seen. I think Bennett for lack of a better term has the potential to make a louder impact on the game. Maybe it’s only 30-40 points. But they’ll feel more important based off how he plays

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad