Sam Bennett on a hot streak

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Impressive.... a whopping .37PPG. If he pushes he might catch up with Derek Grant
The thing with Bennett is if you don't watch him play and only stat watch you don't realize how good he actually is. Just this past game:

If you skip to 5:52 you'll see what I'm talking about. He's tenacious on the puck and has great vision to make plays. It just hasn't come together yet. Often times when I've watched the Flames, it's been Bennett who was the best player for the Flames. He just shows up every shift, which can't be said for Gaudreau and Monahan.

Last edited:

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
I would disagree with that. The class of Alberta is currently in the beginning of a 14 game win streak that will send the flames into 9th place at the end of the season. Like a Phoenix reborn from ashes, the Oilers are coming to your village and taking your woman.
Im shivering

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
So here we are, superstar in the making Sam Bennett has 1 game left to break the lofty goal of hitting the 30 point plateau. Can he score 4 points in his final game? With the impressive stat of never being a plus player and having a strong season for the green jacket I see nothing but upside from the youngest fella in his draft class!!

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I think if he could cut down on the bad penalties, he will be a good 3rd liner and every team needs good 3rd liners.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I think if he could score goals and assists, not suck defensively and not take stupid penalty’s, there might actually be a decent player!!!
30 points is not bad production for a 3rd line player. It's not ideal for a 4th overall pick but at this point, where he was picked is irrelevant.

Reactions: MATTHEWSisGretzky

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
0 points in first 15
11 in second 15

Flames fans kept telling all the idiots saying he is a bust based on his statline. He has been good all season, just couldnt get on scoreboard. Back at wing he seems to be getting there more consistently.

Matt Stajan 2.0

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix
0 points in first 15
11 in second 15

Flames fans kept telling all the idiots saying he is a bust based on his statline. He has been good all season, just couldnt get on scoreboard. Back at wing he seems to be getting there more consistently.

Yikes. He is a bust, one of the biggest of all time considering how much you told us he was better than all the Leafs.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Im shivering
IMG_0735.JPG

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
So far in Bennett's career he's been a hybrid of Mike Brown and Matt Stajan.

That is all you need to know.

He's a serious bust at the moment, but I guess we'll see moving forward.

Reactions: Vali Maki Sushi

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
He’s 21.. still a very good young player. Finally putting it all together.

Remember when people were comparing him to Yakupov? :laugh:
Yakupov's 3rd and 1st full season 33 points in 81 games @ 0.41 p/g
Benjamin 26 in 81 @0.32 p/g

If isn't like all we have to go one is the hot streak. Bennett has more of a history than this recent good play.

If Khaira had shown even a 10th of the talent that Bennett had prior to this perhaps you could talk about them being similar but all Khaira has done so far in his career is confirm that he is one of, if not the, worst players in the league and likely shouldn't even have a AHL job.
Khaira 21 points in 68 @ 0.31 ppg on the 4th line primarily.
Benjamin 26 in 81 @0.32 p/g on the 3rd line.

Gratz m8.
giphy.gif

0 points in his last 12 games?
giphy.gif

:flames=ng
laughing-hysterically-gif-1.gif

Last edited:

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
He is probably a guy who could have really benefited from the AHL (although it was not an option until after his rookie year). Still have faith that he will grow into a more productive player, maybe similar to Kyle Turris.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad