Sale of the Sens - the renewal WC let us all down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I'll be ok

giphy.webp
Save me some you lush!!!

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Ovi looked great hoisting that cup.

GTFO melnyk so Karlsson and Alfredsson can do the same with the Sens

Reactions: Bileur

Genuflexion

Aug 20, 2017
honestly I don't want melnyk to ever touch the cup he doesn't deserve that happiness.
Agreed. Honestly, it's been such a big dilemma staying away from Sens stuff and going to games since he threatened us with relocation. I love the Sens, but I'd pretty much rather do anything than support that prick

Reactions: Sun God Nika

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Agreed. Honestly, it's been such a big dilemma staying away from Sens stuff and going to games since he threatened us with relocation. I love the Sens, but I'd pretty much rather do anything than support that prick

Completely off topic, but brilliant avatar there mate :rolly: :cheers:

Reactions: Genuflexion

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
They had Jim Watson on CFRA yesterday evening talking about the election and asked him about LeBreton and Melnyk. Watson mentioned that he has sent Melnyk letters and has been trying to get a meeting with him for the last 3 months with no luck. He also mentioned that the Sens have been meeting with the NCC as recent as this week.

I still don't believe this story but I did immediately think of this thread when I heard Watson. If Melnyk has sold the team he would have no reason to meet with Watson and could see him ignoring Jim just for the heck of it. So maybe another data point for those that want to believe, who knows.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
They had Jim Watson on CFRA yesterday evening talking about the election and asked him about LeBreton and Melnyk. Watson mentioned that he has sent Melnyk letters and has been trying to get a meeting with him for the last 3 months with no luck. He also mentioned that the Sens have been meeting with the NCC as recent as this week.

I still don't believe this story but I did immediately think of this thread when I heard Watson. If Melnyk has sold the team he would have no reason to meet with Watson and could see him ignoring Jim just for the heck of it. So maybe another data point for those that want to believe, who knows.
Interesting...

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer

I think it's also common knowledge [citation needed?] that those guys don't like each other. Like, at all. If Eugene doesn't feel he needs to engage the city at this point, he could just be throwing any mail with a return address of 110 Laurier on the junk mail pile.

A good business man would be looking a few steps ahead of the project and making sure he gets stuff lined up. Eugene does not seem to be a good business man.

Reactions: Flamingo

Flamingo

Nov 13, 2008
Ottawa

Ridiculous. Then Melnyk is either selling the team or is not in a position to go forward with the Lebreton plans. His recent comments about Lebreton not being a sure thing, or being unnecessary, were really strange. If he's in a corner now, unable to keep the team afloat and advance Lebreton plans, then he really should sell.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
On a related note on ownership, watching the finals last night and Ted Leonisis was yelling ‘PUSHING! PUSHING!’ on the reviewed Vegas goal. When have you ever heard someone yell ‘PUSHING’ at a hockey game?? - these men are priviledged to the point of you wonder if they even take the time to learn the rules of the game or if it’s all about money?

The players and their families really seem to respect the Capitals owner - Lenosis looks like a mob boss with a facelift, but the man puts his money where his mouth is.

Congrats

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
Although I’m highly skeptical of the alleged sale, God I hope it happens. This team is sooo messed up and EM and company stand to make it worse. There is very little cause for optimism in the forseable future and I’m being generous when I say “little “!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gil Gunderson

Take a Bath Son

Jan 15, 2018
something is going to happen. 1. aside from rumours of offers, the rumour mill seems linked in part to debt and finance 2. The last missing piece in the lebreton agreement is the finance 3. the rumours about eugene's abilities to run the team stem from financial issues.

There's reasons why this is a bit more tight lipped, reasons why we are not seeing as much movement, reasons there is ambiguity on timing but something going to happen. There are just too many rumours out there and they are not from the same sources.

My bet says the team changes hands July 1. The MBNA senators credit card agreement termination seemed conveniently timed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce