Salary Cap: Salary Cap Thread - The Long Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I do find it funny how people were criticizing this organization for being cheap and now we've probably added about million dollars in people to sit around in board meetings and look busy.

Alright for some eh.

Although yeah, this is something I'm thinking looking at this. He's gonna be very busy the next few months at a guess, but after that, what's he doing? Updating the cap sheet and six hours of solitaire on the computer? I daresay they'll dream up other things for him, maybe he calculations on how much pending free agents should get through the year, but still...

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Alright for some eh.

Although yeah, this is something I'm thinking looking at this. He's gonna be very busy the next few months at a guess, but after that, what's he doing? Updating the cap sheet and six hours of solitaire on the computer? I daresay they'll dream up other things for him, maybe he calculations on how much pending free agents should get through the year, but still...

As I said. Sit in meetings that are pointless. That is what everyone at that level does at every company.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I guess I never really got collecting jerseys. It always seemed weird wearing someone else's number/name. Plus my god are they expensive. My friend won a pretty nice Malkin Winter Classic baby blue and gave it to me and I framed it and put it in my studio. Aside from that, a hat and a 1993 Starter "Patrick Division Champs" cursed tee shirt I actually don't own any Pens merch.

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
I mean... "too many cooks" is a thing but I'd rather err towards a multitude of opinions and POVs over one octogenarian tyrant.

Normally I'd agree, but when it comes to hockey ops it seems that the more chefs the more the soup sticks to the recipe. There are more people to see if one of the chefs try to add some poop in it and stop him in time.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Normally I'd agree, but when it comes to hockey ops it seems that the more chefs the more the soup sticks to the recipe. There are more people to see if one of the chefs try to add some poop in it and stop him in time.

I think the reality is more so that the GM just wants to focus on the on ice product and Burke just wants to be the face. Smart moves tbh.

Burke is there to make the organization run. Hextall is there to make the organization win.

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015
I think the reality is more so that the GM just wants to focus on the on ice product and Burke just wants to be the face. Smart moves tbh.

Burke is there to make the organization run. Hextall is there to make the organization win.

Yeah I'm good with hiring guys which specialize in certain tasks, and a numbers guy is highly needed.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004

Oh I agree. In this case it's a good thing.

JR cutting out all this staff was simply to consolidate power and that's never good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad