Salary Cap: Salary Cap Thread: Expansion Draft Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
One of the reasons that Vegas was so good is bc GM’s were really dumb. Anaheim traded Theodore to Vegas so they wouldn’t pick Vatanen or Manson. Florida traded Smith so they would take Marchessault.

Theodore wasn't that great in year 1 for Vegas.

Seattle has more established forward players and the same type of D.

Just as reminder.. Game 1.

Engelland - Garrison
Sbisa - Miller
McNabb - Schmidt

Was the Vegas D.

Hypothetically you're running..

Gio - DeMelo
Dillon - Clifton
Pettersson - Stetcher

Is worlds better. And that's without players like Dunn, Fleury and Bean taking the next step. Bean could very easily be Seattle's Theo.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
When Dave Engelland is your top pairing guy in your 1st season, your team ain't so good. :laugh:

Lot of guys surprised and happened to find another level after joining Vegas like Karlsson, March, etc. but a lot of guys were kinda meh. I think Seattle could end up with a "better" (on paper) team right outta the gate than Vegas did, to be honest.

Also, I have a feeling Seattle might do some wheelin' and dealin'. The Rangers and Wild seem to be the front runners for Eichel, but I wouldn't count Seattle out until Eichel is dealt. Big name dude, top-10 at his position (when healthy, which is a big question mark moving forward). Sells jerseys, sells tickets. They've got a free 2OA pick, I wouldn't be surprised if they talked to Buffalo about guys they'd want selected then traded. The asking price, rumor has it, is two roster players plus either two 1st rounders, two top prospects, or one of each.

dogthateats

May 26, 2011
discord.gg
Theodore wasn't that great in year 1 for Vegas.

Seattle has more established forward players and the same type of D.

Just as reminder.. Game 1.

Engelland - Garrison
Sbisa - Miller
McNabb - Schmidt

Was the Vegas D.

Hypothetically you're running..

Gio - DeMelo
Dillon - Clifton
Pettersson - Stetcher

Is worlds better.
Yeah I think Seattle has a better team on paper. Theres better Dman than both you and Emp listed imo

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
JVR - Gourde - Bailey
Niedereitter - McCann - Donskoi
Jarnkrok - Tierney - Comeau
Gambrell - Beagle - Wagner

Gio - Demelo
Pettersson - Stetcher
Dunn - Clifton

Driedger
Kahkonen

This is my mock.

Could easily see this team finishing 2nd or 3rd in the Pacific. People forget how good Gourde was on L1 in Tampa in his first real year.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Let's not forget coaching.

Gallant v. Hakstol isn't really a fair fight.

Gallant had just done pretty shitty with Florida though. He had one year better than Hakstol in Philly and it's not like either roster was some lock for the playoffs.

I mean go look at that 15-16 Flyers team he got into the playoffs.

Their D core was Ghost, MacDonald, Manning, Mark Streit, Radko Gudas, and Nick Schultz with Steve Mason and Neuvirth in net.

And Hakstol didn't have the benefit of playing in the shit ass Atlantic.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
@DocEmrickSkitters getting his salt ready for an unnamed poster.

Let's stop tagging me.

The team has already deemed Zucker and his contract unworthy of protection.

The coup de grace would have been Seattle saying "nah, no thanks." There's a chance they say yes in which case I won't be Saad.

If they take him and we retain or pay a 4th-5th or something it would be bloody incredible just for the sheer pettiness.

Edit: the unnamed poster would probably come back that they are just testing me to ensure I know Zucker's replacement's favorite color, whether he ever pees sitting down, his social security number, if he uses multi-factor authentication, what our initial offer would be and what his agent's counteroffer would be, and what he was doing 3-4 years ago lest we only remember recent events like squirrels/ferrets/gnats.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
JVR - Gourde - Bailey
Niedereitter - McCann - Donskoi
Jarnkrok - Tierney - Comeau
Gambrell - Beagle - Wagner

Gio - Demelo
Pettersson - Stetcher
Dunn - Clifton

Driedger
Kahkonen

This is my mock.

Could easily see this team finishing 2nd or 3rd in the Pacific. People forget how good Gourde was on L1 in Tampa in his first real year.

Like you said, I could easily see Bean breaking out and being in that top six on defense. I could also see Tarasenko being picked and flipping for a first and or good young roster player.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I’m really curious who we lose tbh.

Jokes aside... me too.

I rag on the guy but even the butt of my joke would make some sense. They want to keep payroll down, evidently. And he'll be a relatively cheap and effective 4th liner with some experience under his belt.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Jokes aside... me too.

I rag on the guy but even the butt of my joke would make some sense. They want to keep payroll down, evidently. And he'll be a relatively cheap and effective 4th liner with some experience under his belt.
They are keeping payroll down? So some more Jank signings?

tenor.gif

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Jokes aside... me too.

Yeah, it’d suck to lose ZAR, because he actually was producing last year and finally got the monkey off his back in the playoffs.

But, the more I look at where we are at I’m glad we moved McCann for something and are forcing Seattle to take something that is non-essential to our success.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
They are keeping payroll down? So some more Jank signings?

tenor.gif

Seattle evidently said they are not spending to the cap.

Yeah, it’d suck to lose ZAR, because he actually was producing last year and finally got the monkey off his back in the playoffs.

I... personally wouldn't go that far. I'm more than fine not paying him 2M or whatever and having that line set in stone forever. But I'm also not gonna say he sucks, either.

I meant it would make some sense for Seattle to pick him if they are looking to help anchor a depth line with a guy with some experience.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018

Counterpoint: It would be great to take away one of Sullivan's favorite toys and entrenched member of his favorite-toy line. Force any kind of rethink.

I'd rather lose Zucker or Petts, mind you. I'd be happy to lose any of the three.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
Counterpoint: It would be great to take away one of Sullivan's favorite toys and entrenched member of his favorite-toy line. Force any kind of rethink.

I'd rather lose Zucker or Petts, mind you. I'd be happy to lose any of the three.

That’s kind of what I mean by “non essential”. Keeping ZAR or losing him means nothing ultimately to this team’s long term success. Same with Zucker, Petts and Tanev.

Reactions: EightyOne
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad