Status
Not open for further replies.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Last few posts:

I mean he also did jack shit with Colorado and sucked for Arizona. Brassard sucks. He got the Trotz bump for a year, that's it.

The Kahun trade was stupid. I’ll die on that hill.

Sheahan because a bad bottom-6 center on a bad team and Brassard sucked here because he bitched about being a bottom-6 center.

You'd have a substantially stronger argument by mentioning guys like Oleksiak and Reaves. Brassard and Sheahan are super weak.

Reaves is like the most overrated player in the league. :laugh: Got announcers talking about how badly Vegas misses his presence when he's a HS on the regular and plodding around barking at guys from the bench all night. Plays like 10 minutes a night and is like a 15pt player. Great stuff, what a warrior.

I'd legit rather have ZAR than Reaves and I wouldn't even notice if someone wrapped ZAR up in a rug and dumped him in a dumpster cartoon style.

I mean, you're comparing McCann to Scott Wilson and Daniel Sprong so I'm not really pulling my hair out to prove your asinine point wrong.

McCann has been a positive NHLer for 4 years. He's put up huge points in small samples the past two years and has put up 84 points over 141 games with the Penguins. While being absolutely dicked around by the coach.

It was. But Erod has actually been the best player of the deal, so I'm good with it now.

The NBA is a different beast though, because the max salary has created a scenario where like 30 guys (worth more than that) play buddy-buddy and team up and win that way. So a front office is basically recruiting 2+ of the "max+" guys in what they do.

I'd say though, of the 3 sports without these distortions (Baseball, Football, Hockey), Hockey GMs are definitely the dumbest on average.

The last couple of pages on this thread...just wow. People need to step away from the keyboard.

I agree but I'd also point out that Reaves in 2018-2019 was a legitimately strong 4th liner. Sullivan never played him because he thought he was just a fighter, but Reaves was a strong 4th liner for Vegas right after leaving Pittsburgh.

I don't think any of us take ourselves seriously though. It's all good.

People discussing hockey on hockey board need to stop discussing hockey.

Username is what it is for a reason. :laugh:

Continue

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Back to the expansion draft discussion, one small point I haven't seen mentioned: is it worth reading anything into Friedman being protected, or is that purely "Seattle won't take Matheson so why protect him"?

If the Penguins truly don't have a 3rd defenseman worth protecting while they're leaving McCann exposed, I feel like it would be a smart idea to try and flip McCann for a RD that you'd protect.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Back to the expansion draft discussion, one small point I haven't seen mentioned: is it worth reading anything into Friedman being protected, or is that purely "Seattle won't take Matheson so why protect him"?

If the Penguins truly don't have a 3rd defenseman worth protecting while they're leaving McCann exposed, I feel like it would be a smart idea to try and flip McCann for a RD that you'd protect.

I think the big thing with exposing McCann is it allows you to keep Zucker. I know people think that is stupid, but tbh. Losing both Zucker and McCann puts us in a really bad spot.

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I'm not on the Fleury bandwagon, but McCann + Jarry for Fleury seems like an awfully good foundation for a trade to me.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think the big thing with exposing McCann is it allows you to keep Zucker. I know people think that is stupid, but tbh. Losing both Zucker and McCann puts us in a really bad spot.

I think it would require the Penguins to be more proactive with their roster but I don't know if it would put them in a really bad spot.

If they trade McCann for a RD, lose Zucker in the expansion draft and sign Foegele and Parise in UFA, I don't think they're exactly in a "bad spot"

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Edler at 6'3, still decent, PKs, could be a target if Hextall is set on getting meaner and bigger.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I think it would require the Penguins to be more proactive with their roster but I don't know if it would put them in a really bad spot.

If they trade McCann for a RD, lose Zucker in the expansion draft and sign Foegele and Parise in UFA, I don't think they're exactly in a "bad spot"

Foegele is rumored to be signing a deal with Carolina.

I think we all know deep down Parise is going to NYI.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
We should trade one forward to Nashville and get back one of their D to protect each other, and then switch the players back after the expansion draft.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

I think they like Freidman, obviously. More so, I think he's "Hexstall's guy". I was pleased with Riikola and I was impressed with Rudwedel as much as Freidman but Ruddy and Riiko are JR's guys so right, wrong, or indifferent, Freidman is getting the benefit of the doubt.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Leafs fan mentioned Holl for Jared McCann. I'd be all over that deal.

I think on paper, yes. After the deal is done, I look at the roster and I see the need of another McCann...and I'm not sure how we get him. I don't know if there are guys we can swap Rudwedel or Riikola or if Poulin, DOC, Legare, etc will be ready to fill the gaps.

This goes double if Seattle takes a forward.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC

I think the idea behind protecting Friedman is to lure Seattle into taking a cap hit off our hands. And beyond the cap hit, create an opening on the roster.

Anybody would be insane to pick Matheson, but at least not protecting him provides some hope.

But if the information we were given is accurate, it is likely going to come down to Zucker, McCann or Jarry. And we will still be stuck with lots of money tied up to the blueline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad