Salary Cap: Salary Cap & Roster Building: Stanley Cup Champions Summertime Blue's...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
He’s actually way worse offensively than Olli at this point in his career too.

Yea. Maatta can pull out a shot pass or something still every once and a while. Johnson cannot think hockey at the speed it is played at.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
We could use a scoring winger but I can’t see our teams dealing with each other on a player of Kessels caliber.

Yeah probably not. Although we know because of his 8 teams he go to M-NTC we wouldn’t get full value.

We’d be looking for a middle pair left D or another forward who has some different qualities (2way, good forecheck) obviously won’t score as much. JR has mentioned he wants a forward in return in the media but everything is pretty fluid this time of year.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
These Johnson quotes have moved my optimism meter down pretty significantly. Johnson has all the same limitations of Olli Maatta but also a sub-90 IQ.

It’s why I didn’t understand scratching him for JJ. Just run Maatta and Schultz purely in the ozone like they did and have Petts and Gudbranson take the d zones that Dumo and Letang couldn’t

Reactions: Peat

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
We could use a scoring winger but I can’t see our teams dealing with each other on a player of Kessels caliber.
Only if you take JJ and Simon with Kessel and we get Beauvillier, Ho Sang, and Pelech. Maybe even that Flames 2nd you hold.

I can see Kessel playing for No-neck and the potential to be with Barzal.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It’s really hilarious & cute all these people think the Kessel to Minny deal is magically going to happen now. HA
Unless Minnesota magically got some C depth and didn't have an atrocious roster, yeah Phil will never go there.

Like the Wild would need to be pulling off some insane deals without moving Zucker which can net them Kessel, to get the kind of players that would make Phil say "Oh, wow, someone there finally that can feed me the puck?"

Reactions: TKalltheTime

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Wow. Really?

Are you willing to admit I was right about JJ?

Everyone hated JJ, the issue you're having is that some of us tried to turn a shit salad into something we can stand. You just whined about it incessantly. We're now all back on the same page, openly.

Relax. You're arguing with people that feel the same way.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Everyone hated JJ, the issue you're having is that some of us tried to turn a **** salad into something we can stand. You just whined about it incessantly. We're now all back on the same page, openly.

Relax. You're arguing with people that feel the same way.

The argument was that JJ would be scratched going into our 1st playoff game which nobody agreed with so I bet Tom Hanks he’d be scratched by January 1st.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I see Kessel to Min possibly being revisited between now and Friday. We don’t necessarily *need* to move Johnson now and Kessel might realize it’s either here with a coach and FO that doesn’t exactly want him or the Twin Cities for the next 3 years. Just Zucker for Kessel straight up.

Oh good lord. We NEED to move Jack Johnson. Whatever else JR does is pretty much irrelevant without his making that move.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I will turn back to my uber positive self and agree with JR about one thing. Speed/puck pressure is equal. If you have speed but you are that annoying gnat on the puck buzzing all over, then your speed is worthless. So I think JR is figuring that out. Or at least he's saying the right things...

I'm going to take one cautiously optimistic step forward. Anyone with me?

Oh, you can say you're turning back to your uber positive self, but the conviction isn't there, because in your heart of hearts, you know it's JR. :razz:

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Oh good lord. We NEED to move Jack Johnson. Whatever else JR does is pretty much irrelevant without his making that move.

Yup. Pens would have had home ice last year without him. Played their only ok game of the playoffs without him. The margins in this league are that thin, and having him means you’re asking the percentages way too much.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Wow. Really?

Are you willing to admit I was right about JJ?

The avatar thing was about him being scratched by the end of 2018. So no :P I can’t remember exactly what you said but I’m sure it’s been accurate.

I was originally going to say to keep it until the trade deadline. I guess I forgot to mention that. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad