NHL Draft big board: Latest rankings of top 31 prospects in 2019 class

OevF92f.png

blQD7pG.png

U6G1dpR.png

N7alaPG.png

zlK3n5w.png

Previous threads:
Salary Cap: - Salary Cap + Roster Building: Malkin Avengers - EndGame
Salary Cap: - Salary cap+roster building: To Malkin or not to Malkin?

Also, players that could have chemistry with Crosby/Malkin?

Sedin Twins, Kucherov, Stamkos, Ovechkin, McDavid, Toews, Kane, etc?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BmxHockey

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Well, we know Sid with Marchand and Bergeron makes the World's best look like children. So I'm gonna stick with those two in terms of Sid chemistry. Others I'd think would work would be O'Reilly and Trocheck. Guys who can think the game like a center but play wing just as well.

Malkin. Aside from the typical grinder/defensive cleanup guy and sniper duo he's worked with in the past, no idea. Sadly, we never really got to see Malkin with elite level talent that complements his game. If I were to guess, Landeskog and Rantanen would be a good basis.

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
Ehlers
Voracek
Zuccerello
Aho
Boesser
Oshie
Hertl
Marchand

Give and go guys that can take a headman pass and have an IQ enough to not just throw the puck on net.

Keep it, be heavy and make plays to the players coming into the offensive zone late.

Enough with chip and chase.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Jason Zucker is a guy I'd be very interested in and I would imagine JR will take a run at him at the draft.

Reactions: Extra Texture

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
You can use logic to determine who would/will be good with Geno.

With Sid - toss logic aside and start digging through depth players.

Though, I wouldn't mind them playing on a line TOGETHER in few seasons. As they age, I think it would be fantastic to have them stack up on a 2nd line.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Always thought Eberle would have been good with Sid. I like that the Sedin's were brought up, as they could cycle the puck better than any other duo, so putting them with Crosby would have been sick.

But you know who would be great with Geno...a young up and coming shooter named Spr...no I can't spring that name on everyone.

Reactions: Khelandros

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
Zucc with both of them.

Either Tkachuk with Sid. To a lesser extent Dustin Brown and TJ Oshie with him as well. Guys that can grind and go hard to the net - but still play a skill game.

Malkin for me works better with a shoot first player that excels at finding the soft spots to get their shot off. Maybe Stamkos? It's weird to me that OV and him never had chemistry when they played for Russia. He definitely needs a puck hound type of forechecker on his other wing though. Hagelin would be perfect if he could finish even a little bit.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
Jason Zucker is a guy I'd be very interested in and I would imagine JR will take a run at him at the draft.

This, all day. Workrate, goal scoring touch, likes to be below the goal line. Most of all, underappreicated in Minny and could probably be had for not that much. Like Nino they will probably sell him off cheap.

Last edited:

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Proof is in the pudding for Sid:
Marchand, Bergeron, Hall.
He played with all of em recently and it was fantastic.

In terms of right now and looking at the lower level wingers/F's(outside of Panarin, Skinner, Duchene who'd all be great with them) with an eye to the UFA market.

Zucc, Nyquist and maybe Ferland.
I'd pick those 3 over Eberle.

In terms of trade, Domi(who JR tried to get) would've been great. Zucker, of course.
ETA: Stone would've been amazing with a well playing Geno, imo.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Pretty sure the question of what players would have good chemistry with Malkin hasn't interested the Penguins organization in the past. Even more confident it doesn't moving forward . . . :naughty:

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Pretty sure the question of what players would have good chemistry with Malkin hasn't interested the Penguins organization in the past. Even more confident it doesn't moving forward . . . :naughty:

It was obvious this past season they went out of their way to cater to Malkin, Kirk. What other explanation is there for screwing over Cullen by moving his best winger onto Geno's line?

Reactions: molon labe and KIRK

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I can't wait for Cullen to f***ing retire. Not because he's bad. But because he's been built up to some dumb mythic status here.

If this was sarcasm, disregard, but my point about hating the myth of Ol' Man Cullen still stands. :laugh:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I can't wait for Cullen to ****ing retire. Not because he's bad. But because he's been built up to some dumb mythic status here.

If this was sarcasm, disregard, but my point about hating the myth of Ol' Man Cullen still stands. :laugh:

It was a reference about Kirk's favorite winger for Malkin (ZAR). :sarcasm:

Reactions: KIRK

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sorry dude, it's like 11:30 here and we've been drinking beer all day and burning bonfires all night to keep the witches away for another year.

Slavic holidays are tough.

How is this a departure for you from the other days of the year? :razz:

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Well, we know Sid with Marchand and Bergeron makes the World's best look like children. So I'm gonna stick with those two in terms of Sid chemistry. Others I'd think would work would be O'Reilly and Trocheck. Guys who can think the game like a center but play wing just as well.

Malkin. Aside from the typical grinder/defensive cleanup guy and sniper duo he's worked with in the past, no idea. Sadly, we never really got to see Malkin with elite level talent that complements his game. If I were to guess, Landeskog and Rantanen would be a good basis.

And that's why McCann is been so good with Sid (and Geno).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad