Salary Cap: Salary Cap + Roster building: "All of your Pittsburgh born players belong to us"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Pittsburgh Penguins - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
2019 NHL Entry Draft - Wikipedia
2019 NHL Draft
NHL Draft big board: Latest rankings of top 31 prospects in 2019 class

OevF92f.png

blQD7pG.png

U6G1dpR.png

N7alaPG.png

zlK3n5w.png

Previous threads:
Salary Cap: - Salary Cap + Roster Building: Malkin Avengers - EndGame
Salary Cap: - Salary cap+roster building: To Malkin or not to Malkin?

The Penguins are trading Malkin for Trocheck, Kessel for Saad and a 1st for Miller E5 you heard it here first

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
I don´t believe these Geno rumors whatsoever. So much poison on this roster (Hornqvist, Maatta, Johnson, Kessel), so I would imagine that old man should be busy with these "bad guys" instead of good guy. As I said earlier, there is no way that Geno goes and those guys stay.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Imagine after all this time they said Geno would NEVER stay in Pittsburgh behind Sid the entire time, that it would be some old crazy man that gets rid of him instead of 71 leaving. :laugh:

As an anti-authoritarian, I have fantasies if they ask him to waive that he ****s the FO, refuses, and goes on to have an excellent season, wherein he receives some end of the year hardware and during the ceremony gives a middle finger salute while “My Way” plays in the background ...

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I don´t believe these Geno rumors whatsoever. So much poison on this roster (Hornqvist, Maatta, Johnson, Kessel), so I would imagine that old man should be busy with these "bad guys" instead of good guy. As I said earlier, there is no way that Geno goes and those guys stay.

That presumes JR is competent and logical...

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
As an anti-authoritarian, I have fantasies if they ask him to waive that he ****s the FO, refuses, and goes on to have an excellent season, wherein he receives some end of the year hardware and during the ceremony gives a middle finger salute while “My Way” plays in the background ...

Bah Gawd, that's Geno Malkin's music!

*hits JR with the Rock Bottom*

Malkin: "I ... am ... SCORE!"

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
That presumes JR is competent and logical...

This post can't be serious.

This board amazes me. I remember clearly trying to discuss the thought of trading some of our important vets after our last cup (the selling high theory) and I was arrogantly dismissed for being so clueless.

Not even 2 years later I see those same names talking about trading the likes of Letang, Geno, Horny, Maata......

I don't have a problem with trading anyone but you sure as hell aren't selling high now are you???

Guess I will always be the least informed poster here. I'll try to get better, I promise.

Reactions: Stoptheinsanity71

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I still won't believe Geno will be traded until it happens, but I do think JR, and even more worrying, Mario, is more than willing to move him. That sucks.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
If JR even entertains the thought of asking Geno to waive, Mario must step in, apologize to Malkin and let HIM tell JR he is fired.

You ALWAYS lose when you trade away a franchise player. Always. Do not do it.

Kessel? Ok. Letang? Maybe. Malkin? Fireable offense.

That depends on the plan.

Like for instance, They Trade Geno (+ if needed) to Florida for 13th OA and Hoffman.

Sign Duchene to a 7 year 8.5 per deal.

That makes the Pens better in my eyes.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
This doesn't reach the level of legitimacy where JR refuses to say Geno is untouchable without Mario first making it clear he's open to dealing Geno if the trade makes sense.

Mario is open to the idea, or we'd never have gotten past the stage where the media asked about Geno. JR and Shero in the past immediately said "Not going to happen. Geno isn't being traded." This spring it's a mishmash of vague stuff and skirting questions.

I also think losing Letang would be far worse for this team than Geno.

Reactions: LunaticFringe

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It doesn't matter that we won back to backs two years ago, to be honest. The issue is that Geno (and Letang) are key in helping this team fix its issues in an effort to get back to chasing Cups.

We barely made the playoffs on the back of exceptional seasons from Sid, Jake, Letang and Murray, and got swept in embarrassing fashion in the first round. Serious changes need to be made, and they will. I just hope JR and Mario aren't going to make Geno the fall guy for a roster full of glaring holes.

Reactions: Dominance

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
When Worlds wrap up it will be very telling where this organization is looking to go. By then, Geno rumors should die down. If that tournament ends and the rumors work back up, there is legitimate smoke to this stuff.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Ruh buying a house is a tad interesting:

Dumo Tanger
Olli Schultz
MP Guds
JJ Ruh
Riiko

Somethin's gotta give...

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
So far, every report has said Lemieux wants Malkin to retire as a Penguin because of how things went down with Jagr.
Silly reason to keep a player around when moving him could potentially benefit the team.

Not saying I'm pro or anti trading Malkin, but the owner not wanting to trade him cause of Jagr is a really dumb reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad