Not open for further replies.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Personally, I would have liked to see Mancini picked as well. Vastly underrated

It was a weird year. Guys that were taken out of the OHL either

A) got to play some games in Europe
B) didn't play games but were already highly enough rated before the season started

If you were a mid tier guy that couldn't get games, it was going to be tough for you. I think you see a fairly high number of re-entry picks in the 2022 draft. Guys like Mancini and Codd are going to get alot of ice to grow and show teams what they can do. If they take the time and run with it, I have no doubt someone will take notice.

Reactions: Rinkrat2019

Rinkrat2019

Jan 24, 2019
Personally, I would have liked to see Mancini picked as well. Vastly underrated
I have to admit seeing other Big Mobile Dmen get drafted I thought for sure Mancini would of been selected! The kid is going to have a monster year this year!

Reactions: Finster8

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Heard that Perfetti will not be back. He will play with Winnipeg or Manitoba since he played over 20 games in AHL. Shitty news.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Heard that Perfetti will not be back. He will play with Winnipeg or Manitoba since he played over 20 games in AHL. Shitty news.

Unfortunate for the team and the fans, but probably good for him. I had him likely making Winnipeg any way before the news. as we e would have been to good in the O and I think his development would have been hampered a bit. I hope there is some sort of financial compensation for the teams losing these kids though they are losing out on a hell of a player AND what he could have potentially brought back in a trade at the deadline . Wouldnt make sense for the league to agree to it other wise. Not to mention it makes Fantilli going USHL another year sting a bit more. Would have been a direct replacement in the lineup

Im sure the mentality in the room has to be next man up. Big chance for minutes for some of the guys like Codd and Bloom to prove themselves.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
What do you see Saginaw’s ceiling as? DD does a good job keeping your franchise very competitive year in and year out.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
What do you see Saginaw’s ceiling as? DD does a good job keeping your franchise very competitive year in and year out.

I think they top out as a pesky 6 seed if a few guys take big steps forward. More likely a 7/8 seed. We have to replace a ton of goals and experience. There are pieces here to build around for 2022 and 2023. Guys like Codd, Bloom, Mancini, Smith, McNamara, our imports, etc. These guys will just need time.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Saginaw traded a 6th round pick in 23 to Kingston for OA Center Nick Wong. That fills our 3rd OA spot with Duhart and Baber. Another body up the middle helps.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Wong? Really? No disrespect but there has to be a bunch of overagers available. Wong looks like 3rd or 4th centre

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Wong? Really? No disrespect but there has to be a bunch of overagers available. Wong looks like 3rd or 4th centre

I'd say middle 6 at worst.

There is some untapped potential in this player. Had a really promising rookie season in Oshawa back in 17-18, but was buried down the lineup in his 17 year old year when the Generals were loading up, so he got traded to the pre-Shane Wright Frontenacs, who were God awful, and were hardly any better in 19-20.

While I don't think he's going to come in and score 100 points, I do think he's been a victim of circumstance. When he was a young player in the league, he couldn't get significant ice time because of how good the team he was on was, but then as he became an older player in the league he was on a team where, if you weren't on a line with Shane Wright, it was pretty much a write off.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

It's important to remember we don't really have picks or players to offer in trades right now. We can't go "big game hunting".

That being said, I think Wong will be a valuable asset for this season. He's got 190 games experience. Seems like he can be a 15/20 goal, 40 point player. Lot of the young players are at wing. Klein, McNamara, plus at least 2 more that need to be signed. A vet down the middle will be a good add.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
It's important to remember we don't really have picks or players to offer in trades right now. We can't go "big game hunting".

That being said, I think Wong will be a valuable asset for this season. He's got 190 games experience. Seems like he can be a 15/20 goal, 40 point player. Lot of the young players are at wing. Klein, McNamara, plus at least 2 more that need to be signed. A vet down the middle will be a good add.

It would not surprise me a bit if Wong scores 30 goals if allowed top 6 and PP. Wong looked pretty darn good in his first season put on the ice vs 16-17 yr old 4th liners. I’m pretty sure his lack of TOI at 17-18 was that he was more of a threat to be scored against.

Last edited:

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
I’ll be cheering for him for sure. Wish him luck….that means top 6 minutes

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Was just looking over the pre season roster listed on the Spirit website. Only 10 forwards and 5 dmen listed along with 2 goalies. Lots of spots open in camp or via trade.

Gotta think Dean Loukus grabs one of those forward spots if he shows well in camp. Michigan kid, former 15th round pick who won Michigan's Mr Hockey last year after scoring 60 points in 15 games, lead his high school to 2nd in the state, and was 3 time all state academically. Exactly the kind of kid Saginaw would bring in.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Was just looking over the pre season roster listed on the Spirit website. Only 10 forwards and 5 dmen listed along with 2 goalies. Lots of spots open in camp or via trade.

Gotta think Dean Loukus grabs one of those forward spots if he shows well in camp. Michigan kid, former 15th round pick who won Michigan's Mr Hockey last year after scoring 60 points in 15 games, lead his high school to 2nd in the state, and was 3 time all state academically. Exactly the kind of kid Saginaw would bring in.

Well good call. Saginaw sign Loukus today.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Bcspragu…..feel like taking a crack at this years lineup? Not sure we have a full one yet so it will be interesting to see who steps up at training camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad