Saginaw Spirit 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Any chance Turcotte could be that “big name” scorer that you are mentioning above? If NHL that picks him doesn’t keep him then where is he most likely headed?

1. NHL
2. AHL
3. Saginaw
4. University of Wisconsin

Thoughts ??

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Don’t understand why you would trade Porco unless you got a top D. He adds a lot and is good character guy

Reactions: Finster8

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Don’t understand why you would trade Porco unless you got a top D. He adds a lot and is good character guy

Porco was a 1st Rd pick and can veto any trade. As long as he agrees to a trade then it's a go. Porco has played significantly better than last year. I could see him having a big year next season. Just my 2 cents. Kid has excellent straight away speed.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Right now they have at Phoenix NHL
Kueppell 29 Years Old
Picard 27
Raanta 30

at Tuscon AHL
Kallgran 23
Hill 23
Miska 23

at Norfolk
Brodeuer 23

The only goalies they have under contract past this season are Raanta, Kuemper, Kallgren and Madsen. Between ECHL and AHL looks like there's two spots open.

Again...it doesn't matter though. He can easily get a contract in Europe and I'm sure will do so if NA pro isn't an option.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
The only goalies they have under contract past this season are Raanta, Kuemper, Kallgren and Madsen. Between ECHL and AHL looks like there's two spots open.

Again...it doesn't matter though. He can easily get a contract in Europe and I'm sure will do so if NA pro isn't an option.

I think you're right Pin, he won't be back here. Its now on to the rookie camp at Saginaw Bay Ice Arena, is it still 5-11 and 12?

Looking forward to see this kid Carter Garvie,

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Congratulations to Ryan McLeod's recent signing of his 3yr ELC with Edmonton. Big bodied forward with plenty of speed and a 200 ft game. All the best at the next level.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Just saw 2019 Draft Pick Tbone Codd has signed with the USHL. He was a 4th rounder from Little Caesars. Don’t really know his game much so not sure if he would have made Team.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Just saw 2019 Draft Pick Tbone Codd has signed with the USHL. He was a 4th rounder from Little Caesars. Don’t really know his game much so not sure if he would have made Team.

He will develop better in the USHL. I can't see him getting much ice in September. The forwards are solid with the exception of an elite RW on the top line. Coskey would be perfect if he is back.
Defense will be our weaker position. 1st Import pick get a top 4 D, Wilde?, Webb? They would help if they come back. We can carry 4OA's only 3 can dress until deadline. Might have to make a trade or two any ideas?

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
He will develop better in the USHL. I can't see him getting much ice in September. The forwards are solid with the exception of an elite RW on the top line. Coskey would be perfect if he is back.
Defense will be our weaker position. 1st Import pick get a top 4 D, Wilde?, Webb? They would help if they come back. We can carry 4OA's only 3 can dress until deadline. Might have to make a trade or two any ideas?

I think the players will make an easy choice for DD.

Davis and Gilmour will be Canadian University bound.

Coskey will be in the AHL or ECHL

So that leaves Busdeker and Webb.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
That is two....where do they use their third OA spot? Ivan the Russian?

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI

Signed with them for this season. Listed on Saginaws camp roster still. Would bet he may come next year.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Punnett, Bloom and Codd were the standouts today. Hipkin looked better than expected as well

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Congrats to the Guelph Storm!! Go win the Memorial Cup now!

But does that dumb move by Prosvetov and the leagues call on Murray hurt even more!

Thanks Mr. Branch, you got what you wanted.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Congrats to the Guelph Storm!! Go win the Memorial Cup now!

But does that dumb move by Prosvetov and the leagues call on Murray hurt even more!

Thanks Mr. Branch, you got what you wanted.

Come on. No. Stop.

Murray was back for game 7 and it's already been discussed ad naseum that goal tending wasn't the issue. We're not the victim. Guelph earned this.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Agreed ...let’s move on and build a Championship....great nucleus to build on

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Goes to show you how well Lennox played against Guelph. He will turn some heads in his draft year along with Perfetti.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Lennox deserves the starter role next year. The question is who plays backup? My gut feel is that Ivan is not going to be back with the Spirit next year so it means one of the 3 from Development Camp, signing someone in Import Draft or trading one of our Over Agers for a solid backup.

Of the kids on the weekend I give the edge to Andreakos….standing 6'2 and covers lots of the net. If not him them explore the trade market.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Lennox deserves the starter role next year. The question is who plays backup? My gut feel is that Ivan is not going to be back with the Spirit next year so it means one of the 3 from Development Camp, signing someone in Import Draft or trading one of our Over Agers for a solid backup.

Of the kids on the weekend I give the edge to Andreakos….standing 6'2 and covers lots of the net. If not him them explore the trade market.

I'd rather the rookie goalies (Andreakos/Garvie) get starts in Junior A/B next season.

Lennox will get 45+ starts. Just need someone you can plug in for 20 of the less important games. Christian Purboo, Marshall Frappier or Lucas Pfeil would fit the bill for cheap.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van

Him and Cardwell are both very accomplished golfers so I'm sure they'll be down at the Sawmill hustling everyone all summer.

Acceptable nicknames for Davis will include:

Surf and Turf
Codd Almighty
Tinpuck

Also this really speaks to just how well Drinkell recruits/how well the program has been built up lately. He had signed a tender with Youngstown less than two weeks ago but switched after attending rookie camp. Had an offer from MSU for BOTH golf and hockey. Him and his family had to have come away extremely impressed for him to let the NCAA route go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad