Saginaw Spirit 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
INTERESTING!!

OHLInsiders
@OHLinsiders

The Peterborough Petes have expressed interest in Saginaw Spirit centerman and Cobourg native, Brady Gilmour. Something could be closing in there. Spirit have both Gilmour and D Reilly Webb up for trade. #OHL

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
INTERESTING!!

OHLInsiders
@OHLinsiders

The Peterborough Petes have expressed interest in Saginaw Spirit centerman and Cobourg native, Brady Gilmour. Something could be closing in there. Spirit have both Gilmour and D Reilly Webb up for trade. #OHL

Interesting? Sort of.

Process of elimination. Prosvetov is signed and more than likely not back. Coskey won't be traded in a contending year. Busdeker isn't getting moved while Blade is here. So that leaves Gilmour and Webb. Plus Gilmour has been rumored to be going to the Petes for literally the last two years now. At least now it would make sense. That'd be a mutually benifical deal. We get picks to buy with later, Petes get a quality forward with playoff experience.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Camp Roster:

-At forward, that Dean Loukus kid intrigues me. Could be a wild card.

-No one on defense outside of the signed guys that really catch my eye.

-Garvie vs Anderakos could be a fun battle at camp. One of them is likely gonna get signed.
Copy-of-2019-Saginaw-Spirit-Training-Camp-Roster.pdf

Reactions: Finster8

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Looking at the guys at camp if Coskey ends up in Saginaw that gives us our top line RW? Same with Prosvetov let him and Lennox start the season. With teams who will drastically need a starter will be drooling to get Ivan. Wilde would be the icing on the cake if he stayed for his Senior year. Then you would get picks for Gilmour and Webb plus Ivan to really add some depth as the season goes on, best case scenario. Always good to have options even if some vets do not return. If 2 out of 3 show makes us that much more competitive without costing prospects and picks to acquire new players.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Seems to me the roster is practically set besides moving out some OA's (likely Gilmour and Webb). The only thing Saginaw may need is another top 9 LW if Katic or Bloom are not capable, and a 13th forward if they are (Saginaw, by my count, only has 12 forwards and 7 defensemen signed for next year at that camp without Webb and Gilmour, so a 13th forward and 8th defenseman spots could be up for grabs out of camp or through trade). That also assumes Prosvetov-Lennox is the goalie tandem.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
With that in mind:

Put a bid in for the next OHL hosted memorial cup you cowards!

I kid but maybe having an American at the head of the board would be good for Erie if they want to bid?

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Seems to me the roster is practically set besides moving out some OA's (likely Gilmour and Webb). The only thing Saginaw may need is another top 9 LW if Katic or Bloom are not capable, and a 13th forward if they are (Saginaw, by my count, only has 12 forwards and 7 defensemen signed for next year at that camp without Webb and Gilmour, so a 13th forward and 8th defenseman spots could be up for grabs out of camp or through trade). That also assumes Prosvetov-Lennox is the goalie tandem.

Bloom and Katic play totally different games. I personally see Bloom as the 3rd LW and Katic 4th. Both are solid players but have very different skills.

Still may need another LW if Gilmour is moved and Perfetti goes to C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad