Saginaw Spirit 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
So now that the dust is settling what does next year's roster look like? Who will be the over-agers? Who will make the team from 2018 and 2019 drafts? Will we go after and Imports or make any off-season trades?

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
No clue of the recent drafts. But I'd say the following 99's and 01's are gone.

Jenkins
Gilmour
Coskey
Porco
Davis
Goldowski

Without filling in the new draft picks, here ya go!

Perdetti- Giroux-Busdeker
?????-Baber-?????
????-????-?????
????-????-????

Webb - ????
????- ?????
????? - ????

Lennox

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

Jenkins
Gilmour
Coskey
Porco
Davis
Goldowski

?????-Baber-?????
????-????-?????
????-????-????

Webb - ????
????- ?????
????? - ????

Lennox

why would porco be gone?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
He's not. Someone just likes manufacturing drama.

i cant see both gilmour and coskey gone either. better chance both are back vs both gone. the red wings would have signed gilmour by now and coskey has no nhl rights. and Jenkins isnt making the nhl next year...no millman? or imports....

your right

Reactions: dirty12

thenumbersguy

Feb 14, 2010
As a Guelph fan, I see your team being a force next year. You have a great young team and I'll say it now, probably the best young goalie in the league that will win you some hockey games. I look forward to watching exciting Spirit hockey when you come to Guelph.

The boys put on a show and took a veteran laden team to 7 games, they should be proud of themselves.

Reactions: Finster8

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
i cant see both gilmour and coskey gone either. better chance both are back vs both gone. the red wings would have signed gilmour by now and coskey has no nhl rights. and Jenkins isnt making the nhl next year...no millman? or imports....

your right

Tough...if one or both of Wilde and Everett are not back to start the season, do you keep both Davis & Webb and trade one of Gilmour or Coskie?

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
SaginawFan, why are you so negative about this team? You voiced your opinion several times at the start of the season disagreeing on anything and everything, then seem to disappear when the team got on track and winning. Then when things get rough in the playoffs you come out again with all the negative comments. I think your predictions for next season's roster are way off. Coach Lazary mentioned in the post game press conference that there were a lot more injuries on the team then anyone knew about. My guess this is why some guys had trouble scoring and playing their type of game. one rumor is that Tippett had a groin injury which could explain the lack speed towards the end of the playoffs. Let's get behind this team and look forward to what should be a really good nucleus returning on next season's team.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018

Jenkins
Gilmour
Coskey
Porco
Davis
Goldowski

?????-Baber-?????
????-????-?????
????-????-????

Webb - ????
????- ?????
????? - ????

Lennox

Jenkins is 100% back. Coskey is 95% back. Gilmour is 90% back

The Spirit will lose Michnac (too old), Murray (too old), O'Grady (too old), Tippett (AHL), Prosvetov (AHL), McLeod (AHL)

and they'll lose 3 of Gilmour/Coskey/Busdeker/Hill/Webb/Davis because you can only have 3 OAs. I'd assume they keep Gilmour/Coskey/Webb and let Busdeker/Hill/Davis go

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
I like Busdecker....I’d think they keep him and Coskey. That way they trade Gilmour for D and move Perfetti back to C which is his natural position.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
I will no comment on who will be let loose up front, but one thing I will tell you...we will have our bad boy goalie back next year. Arizona is assz deep in goal ahead of him, and barring a trade, he has to contend with Raanta, Hill, Kuemper, and Pickard in the pecking order. They might just stifle his jets here again next year.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
I will no comment on who will be let loose up front, but one thing I will tell you...we will have our bad boy goalie back next year. Arizona is assz deep in goal ahead of him, and barring a trade, he has to contend with Raanta, Hill, Kuemper, and Pickard in the pecking order. They might just stifle his jets here again next year.
Some really good OHL goalies have developed in the ECHL for a year. As for SaginawFan's post, there's no chance Jenkins, Porco or Goldowski are gone. I could see Coskey moving forward but Gilmour is back. Wilde could be too. Everett might get healthy also.

Saginaw 2019

Sep 23, 2018
Some really good OHL goalies have developed in the ECHL for a year. As for SaginawFan's post, there's no chance Jenkins, Porco or Goldowski are gone. I could see Coskey moving forward but Gilmour is back. Wilde could be too. Everett might get healthy also.
I guessing that the boys that wore the A will be back , Gilmore and budsker, Gilmore will not sign anywhere , nice player but just doesn’t have the wheels /size to play at the next level , budsker to valuable because can play both ways as needed
Davis or Webb is back as last OA , Everett hockey career is over the concussions really change him
It’s too bad would of been heck of player
The rest of 99 , will be traded , or ahl next year
The Russian goalie because of what he did , Drinkill holds grudges , that kid will be great trade bait for some good draft picks , rookie goalie will be a star , Wilde is gone he is signed and they want him in there system right away,
So you will have
Gilmore
Budsker
Giroux
Jenkins
Goldeniwski
Katie
Porco
Baber
Perfetti
Ethan

Webb/Davis
Milman
Limoux

Not too many holes to fill
Team will be solid

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Perfetti-Giroux-trade Need a high end RW that can score and make a solid top 6
Gilmour OA-Jenkins-Busdeker OA
Porco-Baber-Goldowski
Katic-Cardwell-import Bloom, Bulovs, Forwards should not be a problem next season. Turcotte? Coskey?

Millman-Davis OA
Lemieux-1st import
Punnett-? Webb OA, Wilde, are probably gone never know?

Lennox-? See how training camp goes and who is available for mentoring Lennox via trade.
I see a huge whole in the D. If we can get a good import helps as does Punnett or we see where we are after 20 games and trade for a quality D.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby

They are deep in goal in Arizona and if Prosvetov comes back trade him. He will take an Import and OA card which hurt us this year. We could get 2-2nds and 2- 3rds minimum for him and pick up a solid D and a backup if needed in net. Lennox's job to lose next season, who wants Ivan's BS.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Jenkins is 100% back. Coskey is 95% back. Gilmour is 90% back

The Spirit will lose Michnac (too old), Murray (too old), O'Grady (too old), Tippett (AHL), Prosvetov (AHL), McLeod (AHL)

and they'll lose 3 of Gilmour/Coskey/Busdeker/Hill/Webb/Davis because you can only have 3 OAs. I'd assume they keep Gilmour/Coskey/Webb and let Busdeker/Hill/Davis go

Keep Busdeker. Swiss army knife guy and basically was an olive branch to get Blade here. He's a good leader. No reason to let him go.

Also I don't know why people are really on the fence about Coskey being back or not. Just look back at this past season's crop of OA's and what they did in 17/18:

Felhaber- 70 points
Brazeau- 75 points
Saigeon- 70 points
Hancock- 69 points

66 points by Coskey shows the kind of offensive potential he has and that he is starting to really tap into it, but the recent past suggests he is more than likely back to build on what he just did.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
They are deep in goal in Arizona and if Prosvetov comes back trade him. He will take an Import and OA card which hurt us this year. We could get 2-2nds and 2- 3rds minimum for him and pick up a solid D and a backup if needed in net. Lennox's job to lose next season, who wants Ivan's BS.

Doesn't really matter if they sign him or not. He shouldn't have a problem getting a pro contract somewhere in Europe if the Yotes cut ties with him. Basically, he isn't a trade assest, or shouldn't be thought of in that way.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Doesn't really matter if they sign him or not. He shouldn't have a problem getting a pro contract somewhere in Europe if the Yotes cut ties with him. Basically, he isn't a trade assest, or shouldn't be thought of in that way.

Exactly. He was the 6th overall pick in the 2016 KHL Draft. He wont have any problem finding a place to play.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
As for next years roster, here's my take. This is my personal opinion on what I would do, but i'm not an insider and I'm not sure the trade request status of any players

Perfetti-Giroux-High end player (Turcotte or add a big name via trade, management wants to give Perfetti someone top notch to play with in his draft year)
Gilmour/Coskey OA-Jenkins-Busdeker OA
Cardwell-Baber-Katic
2nd Import-Traded for player -Bloom
Bulovs

Traded out Porco (think he needs a fresh start, would move him for another under performing '17 pick), Goldowski (deserves a bigger role.if hes cool with 3rd line play sub him for Katic, if not give him a trade)

Millman-Davis/Webb OA
Trade/Powell/Smith if they can sign him-1st import
Punnett-Lemieux
Hipkin

Goalies

Lennox
Traded for 19 year old backup
Tahk/Andreakos

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby

If you read what I said, "if he comes back", he is a great prospect and will end up some place?

Sagman

Nov 27, 2018
So lets call this what it is..... the entire organization got outmanaged, outcoached and out played. As upsetting as the goalie getting suspended is, that was not why they are lost. In fact you can argue Lennox outplayed Ivan. Anyway, the STud players for whatever reason chose not to show up. Maybe they were tired or injured or both. When they were up 3-1 the organization was selling western conference champion stuff...…..before they even won it. And finally our coach (who I love) completely got put coached. Line changes, playing 4 lines, moving your best forechecker to defense and playing Bode evry other shift just didn't allow the team to compete the last 4 games. Its playoff hocke…...get a stick on a stick, block a shot, give an extra rub and for crying out loud hit someone. Good luck to those leaving and hopefully the organization has learned some valuable lessons!

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018

Can't see Prosvetov back. He's the only goalie ARI has drafted since 2015 and he was a 4th rounder which is relatively high for a goalie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->