Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Still surprised why Everett didn't get drafted I thought he was going to be 1 of 3 to go.84th ranked by CS for NA skaters.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
OA-Middleton, Michnac, goalie or sniper
99-Gilmour, Coskey, Bollers, Busdeker, Hill, Davis, Webb
00-Jenkins, Giroux, Grondin, Goldowski, Everett, Lamour, Katic, Phillips, Badalamenti, Wilde
01-Porco, Stepien, Preuter, Baber, Penman, Millman
02-Perfetti, Lennox, Cardwell, Bulovs
Plus a 15th overall pick in the Import Draft on Thursday. Goalie or Sniper gives us 31
At least 7 or more will be traded, sent down to A- or B or gone for picks or waived.
Loads of opportunities to make the Spirit a force in the West with some smart trades.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
With what looks like another good move by the Spirit in acquiring Prosvetov saves picks now for our offense to trade up and get a Robertson, McLeod, Lodnia, Mascherin type player. As a fan it's time to make some serious strides to get into the minimum 2nd Rd of the playoffs.
Train hard boys camp will be very competitive and interesting.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
With what looks like another good move by the Spirit in acquiring Prosvetov saves picks now for our offense to trade up and get a Robertson, McLeod, Lodnia, Mascherin type player. As a fan it's time to make some serious strides to get into the minimum 2nd Rd of the playoffs.
Train hard boys camp will be very competitive and interesting.

Definitely agree that they should think to add but with all the new faces coming in, I'd give it 10 or so games before you even think about doing a deal like you mentioned. Obviously going to have to move some pieces just to open up space for guys to play, but I would be looking to add any more pieces until later in the season. Probably gonna be a lot of line shuffling and a bit of frustration in the first couple games until guys start to build bonds and gel. Once that happens, then you decide what type of player you're missing and go from there.

Reactions: Finster8

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Webb and Gilmour had a good showing at the Red/White game in Detroit. There team won in OT, 7-6.

Gilmour had a goal and I believe an assist.

Reactions: Finster8

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Definitely agree that they should think to add but with all the new faces coming in, I'd give it 10 or so games before you even think about doing a deal like you mentioned. Obviously going to have to move some pieces just to open up space for guys to play, but I would be looking to add any more pieces until later in the season. Probably gonna be a lot of line shuffling and a bit of frustration in the first couple games until guys start to build bonds and gel. Once that happens, then you decide what type of player you're missing and go from there.

Totally agree with the waiting till we know what kind of offensive player we need and even if it is closer to the deadline. We have plenty of young talent that will mature that's where the coaching will determine our priorities and the direction we take. DD has to start the creation of a well respective team starting with getting a top 5 forward who can mentor and lead this team to one of their best seasons ever.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Looks like Prosvetov had a good showing at the prospect camp and that is nothing but good news for Spirit fans. Hopefully he develops into the goalie we need for a promising season.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Any new updates on Bode Wilde and Ivan Prosvetov? These two, along with what they have, may be able to make the Spirit contenders in the west as early as this coming year.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Prosvetov seems to be on his way but until he signs who knows and Wilde would be playing with Jenkins and others from US Developmental Program in Saginaw. Maybe other posters can provide you with better information?

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Jenkins--Giroux/OA-Coskey
Gimour-Michnac- Goldowski
Porco-Perfetti-Stepien
Grondin-Cardwell-Busdeker Preuter, Baber , Katic, Bollers, and Badalamenti?

Mids-Wilde
Davis-Penman This would be the third pairing next time I will be more specific Everett is top 4?
Everett--Webb
Millman, Hill, Phillips

Prosvetov-Lennox

Plenty of assets to acquire a top notched player to add offensive numbers. Then you have created a competitive club.

Last edited:

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Jenkins--Giroux/OA-Coskey
Gimour-Michnac- Goldowski
Porco-Perfetti-Stepien
Grondin-Cardwell-Busdeker Preuter, Baber , Katic, Bollers, and Badalamenti?

Mids-Wilde
Davis-Penman
Everett--Webb
Millman, Hill, Phillips

Prosvetov-Lennox

Plenty of assets to acquire a top notched player to add offensive numbers. Then you have created a competitive club.
What would the price be on Everett?

Would a Levin + for Everett + deal work?

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Everett is a diamond in the rough and understand why the interest. He is always on the market if the right deal comes along. But seriously he is a 00 and will only get better and this year is huge for his development. Phillips, Hill and maybe Davis our defense is solid especially if and when Wilde signs.

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
I doubt Everett, but I'm still hearing they are trying to move Busdeker, Grondin or Gilmour on forward, and Hill on defence.

Everett is a diamond in the rough and understand why the interest. He is always on the market if the right deal comes along. But seriously he is a 00 and will only get better and this year is huge for his development. Phillips, Hill and maybe Davis our defense is solid especially if and when Wilde signs.
Thanks for the responses, I don't know much on Hill, that's why Everett jumped out at me so much with your D depth if Wilde signs

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
What is the price on the forwards do you think?
Not sure what the price would be in return for Gilmour, Busdeker or Grondin but here are my thoughts of them.

Gilmour is entering 4th year and is a true leader. His points didn't show how much at how much he contributes to the team, but a good GM would see it. He did have a season ending injury, but it looks like he was at Detroit camp a month ago. Lots of potential if used differently than Saginaw uses him. I believe he needs a new coach to really succeed like Maksimov did. Any OHL team will benefit with him.

Busdeker is a work horse. Every shift you get top effort from him. The kid just doesn't stop. He was moved around and took back seat to younger kids this past season. Like Gilmour, has tons of potential if given the opportunity. Any OHL team will be able to use him in multiple roles.

Grondin is a big skilled player that just needs some time and opportunity. He is one of my favourite players to watch. Tons of grit and likes to play the power forward role. With the right team, he will shine. He and Busdeker did get overlooked in the recent NHL draft, but I feel both will be successful with a hockey career.

Reactions: hockeynorth
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce