Saginaw Spirit 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nofriendsinhockey

Aug 31, 2018
Man, Perfetti has hockey IQ off the charts. You could see his potential when he was young . I never thought it would continue due to his skating ability. A true star in the making

Reactions: Finster8

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Got to take this one in live.

-Langevin was the only reason this didn't get to double digits. He was awesome in the first two periods.

-Sarnia's game plan is pretty simple. They don't have the skill so the idea is to try and take some players off the ice with them and just be a general nuisance. However Lazary made a good point in the post game radio interview. They're not really intimidating us and we'll gladly take the PP if we can get them.

-Perfetti is sooooo good. As stated above, you just ignore whatever skating issues you think he has. He uses his body to shield the puck against stronger guys and hardly ever makes a play that doesn't have a net positive result behind it. Enjoy him now. Won't have him for long.

-Love watching Giroux as well. Always going at 110%. Knows how to finish

Keep it going and try to end this series as quick as possible to try and limit the amount of physical damage we're going to take.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Lazary has really got the best out of the team and shows the difference a good coach makes. With the additions of Perfetti, Wilde, Prosvetov in the off season. Then bringing in O'Grady, Michnac, Tippett, McLeod all from Mississauga and Murray has made the team bigger, better, and more playoff ready. We just need to keep getting better with team health always a huge factor.
Bringing in Murray has made Wilde better learning from a good 2 way D emphasis on D. The development of Millman and Porco has been significant and are draft eligible this June. The return of Coskey is only adding a potential 40 goal scorer back in the lineup. Cole had 31 G with 12 games left not out of the question for his skill level. Keep up the hard work, one game at a time.

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
Lazary has really got the best out of the team and shows the difference a good coach makes. With the additions of Perfetti, Wilde, Prosvetov in the off season. Then bringing in O'Grady, Michnac, Tippett, McLeod all from Mississauga and Murray has made the team bigger, better, and more playoff ready. We just need to keep getting better with team health always a huge factor.
Bringing in Murray has made Wilde better learning from a good 2 way D emphasis on D. The development of Millman and Porco has been significant and are draft eligible this June. The return of Coskey is only adding a potential 40 goal scorer back in the lineup. Cole had 31 G with 12 games left not out of the question for his skill level. Keep up the hard work, one game at a time.

I agree mostly with that.

Laz has done an amazing job! He has turned this club around, and it looks like the players are having fun.

Drinkill bringing in Murray may have been the biggest move. He is an amazing player who brings everything. He is leading this team.

Perfetti and Tippett are OHL's best duo right now. They both will have a long successful hockey career.

Wilde, going to be a pro very soon.

McLeod, I'd say over rated. Great skater, good on draws but that's it. Looks like a good guy and nice to see they all having fun together, but as far as hockey I think he plays scared and really didn't make this team much better than before.

Michnac, has unbelievable hands, just needs to play as a team. Far too selfish.

Millman is one tough kid! He's getter better every game. Bright future.

Giroux, doing what a captain is supposed to do, lead by example. Impressive performance.

Webb, Davis, Gilmour, and Babar are the unsung players that put there bodies on the line for the win and not concerned with personal points.

Go spirit!

Reactions: InTheLoop

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Baber is showing good development and seems to be getting better every GAME. He plays with an edge has good wheels and will be an intricate part of the teams future. Porco has good speed and can score with 20 goals this year compared to 5 his rookie campaign. Webb, Davis, O'Grady, Murray are all good shot blockers wich often goes unnoticed.
Any updates on Coskey, Busdeker, or Katic?

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
McLeod, I'd say over rated. Great skater, good on draws but that's it. Looks like a good guy and nice to see they all having fun together, but as far as hockey I think he plays scared and really didn't make this team much better than before.

As an outside observer, from what I’ve seen, without McLeod you don’t get much defense out of that line. Perfetti and Tippett (when he’s not penalty killing) don’t do much backchecking.

swoopster

Politally incorrect
Dec 10, 2015
MI formerly MA
I disagree with knocking McLeod. This is a guy who will be in the offensive zone corner and if the play heads the other way, he heads back all 200 feet with speed. I've seen him do it time and time again. He has tremendous on ice presence and is comfortable with the fact that he has two goal scores on the line and doesn't press to let more offense get in the way of defense.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
I disagree with knocking McLeod. This is a guy who will be in the offensive zone corner and if the play heads the other way, he heads back all 200 feet with speed. I've seen him do it time and time again. He has tremendous on ice presence and is comfortable with the fact that he has two goal scores on the line and doesn't press to let more offense get in the way of defense.
All three of those guys complement each others game and only getting better. McLeod is pt per game and strong on D.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Spirit win game 3 6-1.

Couldn't listen to the game but sounds like Sarnia was up to some more shenanigans in this one. Any Canadian Spirit fans out there or Sting fans catch the game care to comment on what/if anything went down?

InSuL1nImP

Feb 11, 2017
If there are any Spirit fan going to the game in Sarnia on Thursday and collect jerseys I have a couple different game worn Sarnia jerseys up for trade for a Spirit game worn jersey. Have done this with lots of other teams fans who come to Sarnia!

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Spirit win game 3 6-1.

Couldn't listen to the game but sounds like Sarnia was up to some more shenanigans in this one. Any Canadian Spirit fans out there or Sting fans catch the game care to comment on what/if anything went down?
Naw... Sting welcomed the Spirit to the building, watched them play hockey for 60 minutes, laid down a red carpet back to the bus and wished them well until Thursday. Very gracious hosts, in my opinion.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Naw... Sting welcomed the Spirit to the building, watched them play hockey for 60 minutes, laid down a red carpet back to the bus and wished them well until Thursday. Very gracious hosts, in my opinion.

Well Hatcher isn't a good enough coach to win by actually playing hockey and fighting their way to victory has been pretty fruitless as well so what you described might not be a bad option. Got to be better than vicariously trying to let the fists fly through teenagers.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Perfetti left the game early and did not return. Hope it is nothing serious any updates on his condition? Big game tonight, Lazary has to keep the bench aggressive but stay away from the garbage. One game at a time, Go Spirit!!

Slap Shot Rick

Apr 1, 2015
I heard on the pregame show that both Perfetti and Porco are out of the lineup tonight. They're playing Lemieux is playing as a forward and Busdecker is back in the lineup.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
What a game? Could have easily been Sarnia with the win. Lamour played his best game as a Sting. McLeod with a goal and an assist(game tying goal) Jenkins with the winner.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Ok. Good job clawing back after letting three unanswered in. Sting weren't going down without a fight. Reward is about a week off. Time to rest up and get healthy. Let the real playoffs begin.

badcoltbad

Oct 15, 2018
colts fan here a little late on the congrates, but congrates on the win. Looking forward to a Sag/Guelph series for the Western final and then a Sag/ Ottawa championship series.

Hoping for the best good luck.

Spirit to the Mem Cup:thumbu:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
colts fan here a little late on the congrates, but congrates on the win. Looking forward to a Sag/Guelph series for the Western final and then a Sag/ Ottawa championship series.

Hoping for the best good luck.

Spirit to the Mem Cup:thumbu:
Murray supporter? No love for Keane, Peca or Chiodo?

SaginawFan

Apr 29, 2017
What a night, loved the bus trip, I hope a Soo trip is in order!

Good job spirit! A huge shout out to:

Jenkins- played amazing all night and I was so glad he potted the winner!

Murray- what can you say, he turned this franchise around (along with other key components) and continues to be a leader.

McLeod- nice to see some points going up for him. He is a great skater who has an amazing high hockey IQ. I'm a fan.

Tippett- NHL all the way next year!

Babar- kid is a Saginaw star in the near future! He is a clone on Giroux.

Giroux- these playoffs he has become a true captain, doesn't stop hustling. Effort 110%

Davis- would put whatever it takes on the line to win. One of the toughest players in a Saginaw sweater.

Gilmour- silently putting up numbers and showing his importance. Mostly last night (not sure everyone seen it) stopping Prosvetov from going by the Sarnia bench with stick raised after the win, Gilmour is a true leader in every aspect. That could have turned ugly.

Webb- has stepped up and become a dominate defensive defenceman. I love his game right now, but like Gilmour, goes unmentioned by hockey fans.

Goldowski- has stepped up and earned his ice time. Another guy who goes unmentioned compared to our big guns. But deserves a ton of credit for success.

Prosvetov- Arizona needs to sign this kid quick!!

Players who I thought need to step it up, but maybe were just tired.

Wilde- made a ton of turnovers and little effort to make up for his errors. Look tired.

O'Grady- trying to do too much and lots of turnover. Looked tired and understable why.

Michnac- still thinks it is all about him. I get it, playing for contract, but need to realize how good he would look if played as a teammate.

Bring on the Soo

Go Spirit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad