Pre-Game Talk: Sabres vs Leafs Feb 21st, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011
Ruff's Sabres have had our number longer then ive been seriously following hockey (he was hired in 97, I started being a "diehard" in 98).

Heres to hoping the new coach cant figure us out.

We've had so much trouble against the Sabres under Ruff, especially after the lockout.

1997-2004 we went 13-14-6-0
2005-2013 we went 17-26-0-7

And it wasn't just the fact that we lost against them, it was the ways we lost. Either they'd rout us or we'd cough up a huge lead.

Bosswally

Aug 2, 2011
Chattanooga, TN
We've had so much trouble against the Sabres under Ruff, especially after the lockout.

1997-2004 we went 13-14-6-0
2005-2013 we went 17-26-0-7

And it wasn't just the fact that we lost against them, it was the ways we lost. Either they'd rout us or we'd cough up a huge lead.

to be fair the Leafs have never done well against the Sabres 65-106-18

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
going to the game tommorow night. gotta think both teams are gonna show up ready for a fight.

im calling shootout.

p.l.f.

use the force
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, CANADA
James Mirtle ‏@mirtle 5hrs
My sense is Leafs injured bodies could all return on similar time frame. Reimer and Frattin by early March; Lupul a week or two later.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

just gotta hang on
good things coming soon
i would guess gardiner too

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
As much as Eakins wants to be a NHL coach, doesn't he want to coach the Leafs? I think we'd be good :)

Ace1963

Jan 14, 2013
Buffalo
to be fair the Leafs have never done well against the Sabres 65-106-18

It's the curse of Punch Imlach.
It doesn't matter how crummy the team is, or if they only have a temporary coach. You fired the man that gave you your last dynasty, and he has been haunting you since.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I feel so bad for Carlyle. People are already lining him up to be fired :shakehead

I'm not. I'm sorry that you got that from my post, I like Carlyle. But - however, if you see how amazing Eakins is doing with our prospects (see 1/2 our team), and he's come out and said he wants to be a Leafs coach.

I don't think Nonis is going to let him walk, so.... (shrug). it's going to be a difficult choice for sure. But I don't want Caryle gone.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Early march formfrattin and Reimer???? That's way to long. They will have missed more then 12 games each. That's like a quarter of the season.

Those are some serious injuries

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
Early march formfrattin and Reimer???? That's way to long. They will have missed more then 12 games each. That's like a quarter of the season.

Those are some serious injuries

are you still here?

is this what you do with yur free time?

Asif16*

So is patrick kaleta and john scott gonna look for revenge against Orr and Brown?? Lol

masyo88*

So is patrick kaleta and john scott gonna look for revenge against Orr and Brown?? Lol

lol who know's if the new coach even puts Scott in the line up. But Kaleta and Brown might be lock of the night giving their history this season.

Kb21

Dec 27, 2011
Toronto
leafs need to come ready for this one, the sabres will come out strong for this game after just having a coach fired.

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
leafs need to come ready for this one, the sabres will come out strong for this game after just having a coach fired.

yup.

leafs know this though. they are coming out as strong as well.

this is gonna be a beast of a game.

Sinter Klaas

Aug 19, 2006
Making Lists
I come in peace as a Sabre fan who enjoys your fair city and doesn't despise your franchise unlike most of my compatriots, but I have a few questions for a person who is attending their first game in TO tomorrow.

1) What time should I travel your expressways? I don't mind leaving to go to the game real early Buffalo time. I listen to Toronto radio stations and know their traffic is murder.

2) Where can I exchange my money? I know right across the border there is a booth at the bridge but I think they like to make a killing given their location.

3) For someone who doesn't mine walking, where is a great outdoor parking venue?

Thanks for your help.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm not. I'm sorry that you got that from my post, I like Carlyle. But - however, if you see how amazing Eakins is doing with our prospects (see 1/2 our team), and he's come out and said he wants to be a Leafs coach.

I don't think Nonis is going to let him walk, so.... (shrug). it's going to be a difficult choice for sure. But I don't want Caryle gone.

make him an assistant coach have him earn his stripes in the NHL

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

See as someone who watches their games i'm not sure they will they usually play every game like they already lost.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I come in peace as a Sabre fan who enjoys your fair city and doesn't despise your franchise unlike most of my compatriots, but I have a few questions for a person who is attending their first game in TO tomorrow.

1) What time should I travel your expressways? I don't mind leaving to go to the game real early Buffalo time. I listen to Toronto radio stations and know their traffic is murder.

2) Where can I exchange my money? I know right across the border there is a booth at the bridge but I think they like to make a killing given their location.

3) For someone who doesn't mine walking, where is a great outdoor parking venue?

Thanks for your help.

gtfo

jk :sarcasm: ........ maybe.

If you're within 30 minutes of the border, leave at 4pm and you will have plenty of time. I went to a game earlier this year it took me about 10 minutes to get through the border.

I exchange my money at my bank, or any bank actually... but the ACC will take american money.

3) my only suggestion would be just pay the 10 bucks or whatever it is for parking across from the ACC, can't recall anywhere else.

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
gtfo

jk :sarcasm: ........ maybe.

If you're within 30 minutes of the border, leave at 4pm and you will have plenty of time. I went to a game earlier this year it took me about 10 minutes to get through the border.

I exchange my money at my bank, or any bank actually... but the ACC will take american money.

3) my only suggestion would be just pay the 10 bucks or whatever it is for parking across from the ACC, can't recall anywhere else.

to help fans of opposing teams that love hockey is what leafs fans are about. ACC is most accomodating arena to play in.. not because Leafs fans suck or are suits. rather, because we are non-partisan HOCKEY fans and want to talk hockey with other hockey fans.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad