Pre-Game Talk: Sabres vs Leafs Feb 21st, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikebel111*

Are you that oblivious? Or just being sarcastic? Or maybe just high?

It's not January. We are in February. Tomorrow will be February 21st --- not January 21st.

Silly me, my bad
Oh and I am never high, forgot we are in feb

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
One thing that has me really excited:

We are essentially icing a team right now that would be closer to the salary floor than the salary cap.

Liles 3.8M
Komisarek 4.5M
Lupul ~4M, 5.25M future
Connolly 4.75M
Dead cap from Tucker, Armstrong and Lombardi ~3M

That's roughly 20M in cap space that we're not using right now and the team has still played good.

Komi probably gets amnesty, Liles is probably going to get traded (Detroit would be a good location), Lupul is injured right now but when he's back he'll be back with Kessel, Connolly is gone, Tucker's buy out ends after this year, Lombardi is off the hook after this year..

We'll have a ton of cap space and a very good team.

mikebel111*

One thing that has me really excited:

We are essentially icing a team right now that would be closer to the salary floor than the salary cap.

Liles 3.8M
Komisarek 4.5M
Lupul ~4M, 5.25M future
Connolly 4.75M
Dead cap from Tucker, Armstrong and Lombardi ~3M

That's roughly 20M in cap space that we're not using right now and the team has still played good.

Komi probably gets amnesty, Liles is probably going to get traded (Detroit would be a good location), Lupul is injured right now but when he's back he'll be back with Kessel, Connolly is gone, Tucker's buy out ends after this year, Lombardi is off the hook after this year..

We'll have a ton of cap space and a very good team.

Very well said
I am very excited about our prospects
Reilly
Finn
Percy
Biggs
Ashton
Blacker
There are more but you get the picture

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Buffalo always plays Toronto hard and Miller seems to engage God mode whenever he sees some Leafs sweaters as well.

Leafs should wear the sweaters backwards then. Miller would see the numbers instead of logo and would think that he is facing wrong way. Then we can score when he turns his back...

Sounds like a plan. :laugh:

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Gotta be Seivens. Only option right now if we want a chance to win some games.

I wanted to see Rynnas yesterday with TB. I'm afraid that Srievens would get burned out playing so many games in short period of time. He is not used to play so many games at such a pace. :(

Prototype

Nov 7, 2011
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=656635&navid=nhl:topheads

The Buffalo Sabres have relieved coach Lindy Ruff of his duties.

Tuesday night's 2-1 home loss to the Winnipeg Jets left the Sabres with a 6-10-1 record this season, their 13 points the fewest in the Northeast Division and tied for the third-fewest in the Eastern Conference.

Ruff, who played most of his NHL career for the Sabres, began coaching the team in 1997-98 and was the longest-tenured coach in the League. He led the Sabres to the 1999 Stanley Cup Final and had a career regular-season record of 562-452-84 along with 78 ties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad