Sabres trio vs Jets trio

Sabres trio or Jets trio?

• Total voters

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Sabres trio: Eichel, Dahlin, Nylander

Jets trio: Scheifele, Laine, Connor

Who do you take: the proven commodities in the Jets, or the big potential of the Sabres?

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
That's tough.
I expect Dahlin to be the best of the bunch one day and Nylander is a true wildcard.

Good job O.P, but too close for me.

Apr 27, 2016
Sabres, just for Dahlin potential. Also Eichel can be top5 some day. I believe Scheifele is close to his peak right now, allthough Laine could hit 60 goals as soon as this season.
So it's Jets for this season, but if everyone hits their roof it's Sabres.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Could go either way because nylander is by far the worst player here. Went with the sabres because of dahlin. This would be better if the jets used morissey etc. Having a dman in there makes it tough. Pretty much a toss up. As a whole the jets are my favorite organization in the league at this point.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Could go either way because nylander is by far the worst player here. Went with the sabres because of dahlin. This would be better if the jets used morissey etc. Having a dman in there makes it tough. Pretty much a toss up. As a whole the jets are my favorite organization in the league at this point.
It's kind of what I intended with the poll. Defensemen carry more value than wingers and I gave the Jets 2 proven wingers to compare to a prospect superstar defensemen and an unknown commodity (Nylander). Eichel and Scheifele should be a close comparison as is.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Went with the Sabres because they have a defenseman in the package, and I'm not that enamored with Laine.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Good poll
But im taking the 3 that just made it the wcf

Last edited:

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
May be biased but I am a BIG Schiefele fan and believer (who cant spell his name right ffs) and not so confident in Eichel as that go-to guy on a winning team.

Tips the scales for me

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Sabres trio: Eichel, Dahlin, Nylander

Jets trio: Scheifele, Laine, Connor

Who do you take: the proven commodities in the Jets, or the big potential of the Sabres?
I see it as Dalin,Scheifele,Laine,Eichel Nylander.

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
Buffalo easily, if Laine ever showed a glimmer of hope he could drive a line he may be higher. Pretty telling when 55 and The Cap dont want to play even strength w him.

Jack/ Scheifele

Dahlin
Connor

Nylander

Laine

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
I really don’t like that 2 of the jets players are wingers and all are forwards.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Replaced Dahlin with Karlsson in my mind so I didnt have to guess with Dahlin and I'd take the Jets combo.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I think right now it should be the Jets but could easily change depending on Dahlin & Nylander's progression

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Buffalo easily, if Laine ever showed a glimmer of hope he could drive a line he may be higher. Pretty telling when 55 and The Cap dont want to play even strength w him.

Jack/ Scheifele

Dahlin
Connor

Nylander

Laine
Laine has more goals than Eichel in 50 lesser games but Eichel does surpass in the Plus /Minus -55 for Eichel compared to a +15 for Laine.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Scheifele is everything you want from a 1C, Laine is already a 40 goalscorer after 2 seasons in the league and Connor can be a consistent 30 goal guy.

I don’t see Eichel as an upgrade over Scheifele and Nylander hasn’t lit up the AHL yet let alone make the Sabres.

Basically i have to choose between ~70 goals from the top 6 wings (possibly 80 if Laine can take the next step) or Dahlin, guy who hasn’t played a game in the league yet.

He might be great but i like my team to have guys who can put the puck in the net. Wingers are less valuable but at the same time these two aren’t just any wingers. We’re talking one of the best shots in the game and a guy who is perfect for the modern fast game with his speed. And neither have hit their primes yet..

Dahlin makes it tough, granted, but i’ll keep my trio.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad