Sabres trio vs Jets trio

Sabres trio or Jets trio?

• Total voters

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Why wasn't Ehlers in instead of Connor?

Ehlers is better , yeah Connor is good also.

Just need some reasoning of the choice there.

The Big M

Dec 29, 2017
Yah I have to go with my Jets.
Dahlin is coming in with well deserved hype. But he still he hasn't played a game.
Meanwhile Laine came in with similar hype and has proven himself with 80 goals as a
teenager. Can Dahlin have the same impact? Maybe.
Eichel also came in with a lot of hype and has become Buffalo's best offensive
player.
Currently Scheifele is the better center. Scored 14 goals in last year's playoffs.
Can Eichel surpass Scheifele's accomplishments? Maybe.

What tilts it to the Jets is the remaining 2 players. So far Nylander doesn't look like he's going to be more
than a 3rd line player unlike his brother.
Meanwhile I think Conner is underappreciated here. He scored 31 goals as a rookie after starting the year
in the AHL. I think Conner has 40+ goal potential even giving Laine some competition some years.

So it's the Jets trio for me.

Leonhard Euler

Mar 5, 2018
Well for the future I'd take Eichel over Chef, Dahlin over Laine and Connor over Nylander.
So Sabers trio for me

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Why wasn't Ehlers in instead of Connor?

Ehlers is better , yeah Connor is good also.

Just need some reasoning of the choice there.

To weaken the Jets trio/selection and make the voting closer.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Laine has more goals than Eichel in 50 lesser games but Eichel does surpass in the Plus /Minus -55 for Eichel compared to a +15 for Laine.

And Eichel has 50 more assists. Yes plus minus great stat to use. Thomas Vanek became a superstar winger too. +47 after his second year when he scored 43 goals. And his team went to the conference finals too.

Why is Nylander included and not Casey Mittelstadt or Sam Reinhart who are in the same age group and are far more proven/better?

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I'd have preferred had the OP used Reinhart instead of Nylander

And then Trouba or Morrisey in place of Connor

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Schiefele
Eichel
Laine/Dahlin

Connor

Nylander.

Took Jets

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
This is not fair to Buffalo because Nylander is not very good and not worthy to be compared to a guy like Kyle Connor

Should put Mittelstadt in his place. He has real upside and I would take that Buffalo trio over the Winnipeg trio

Reactions: ER89

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Sabres for me. Franchise c and franchise d potential. Pretty sweet. Nylander is just meh though imo.

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Sabres for me. Franchise c and franchise d potential. Pretty sweet. Nylander is just meh though imo.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Go with the proven until other wise. Jets -- For now anyway.

marciiauzii

Nov 15, 2012
Latvia
Eichel > Scheifele but not by much. Eichel is younger and has far worst team mates.
Laine > Dahlin. Have to see Dahlin first really
Connor > Nylander. Pretty obvious at the moment.

Jets here.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Eichel > Scheifele but not by much. Eichel is younger and has far worst team mates.
Laine > Dahlin. Have to see Dahlin first really
Connor > Nylander. Pretty obvious at the moment.

Jets here.

Curious. What has Eichel done so far over the last 3 years to put him ahead of Scheifele?

Eichel may end up better in the future, (maybe this season) but until he does Scheifele > Eichel until Eichel proves different. As for worst team mates? This fact didn't seem to hurt McDavid who came into the league at the same time to prove he is better then Scheifele.

marciiauzii

Nov 15, 2012
Latvia
Curious. What has Eichel done so far over the last 3 years to put him ahead of Scheifele?

Eichel may end up better in the future, (maybe this season) but until he does Scheifele > Eichel until Eichel proves different. As for worst team mates? This fact didn't seem to hurt McDavid who came into the league at the same time to prove he is better then Scheifele.

Yeah but the debate is Eichel vs Scheifele. At age 21 Scheifele had 49 point season as his best. Eichel at 21? - 64 points. Eichel along Wheeler would put up even more points.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Yeah but the debate is Eichel vs Scheifele. At age 21 Scheifele had 49 point season as his best. Eichel at 21? - 64 points. Eichel along Wheeler would put up even more points.

What age they is not the question. I asked what has Eichel done so far to make you think he is the better player? I agree that Eichel should end up the better player but until he actually does it Scheifele is currently the better player. Scheifele and Wheeler have incrediable chemistry that work great together. This may not be true with Eichel. Laine has played a lot with Wheeler over the last 2 seasons and he has nowhere near the chemistry with him as Scheiflele has. To say Eichel would be better with Wheeler is pure speculation.

Edit: Wheeler was a perennial 60+ point producer in his mid 20's until he began to play with Scheifele full time. After then he has produced 15-25 points more. I don't this is just a coincidence.

Last edited:

marciiauzii

Nov 15, 2012
Latvia
What Laine has to do with this? Same as your last post when you brought in McDavid. Scheifele is surrounded by much better talent. When he wasn't he wasn't doing that great. Eichel has almost nothing around him and he still puts up very solid numbers.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
What Laine has to do with this? Same as your last post when you brought in McDavid. Scheifele is surrounded by much better talent. When he wasn't he wasn't doing that great. Eichel has almost nothing around him and he still puts up very solid numbers.
You dont really know how Scheifele got groomed by the Jets management.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad