Sabres' Training Camp Opens Thursday September 17th

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I don't like Reinhart on the wing, he was drafted #2 to play center, if he isn't ready to play centre in the NHL then he can develop at center in the AHL, also Girgs is a top 6 winger or the 3rd Centre end of story

Centers who have played wing, off the top of my head: Crosby, MacKinnon, Stamkos, Seguin, Pavelski, Couture, Zetterberg, O'Reilly, Galchenyuk.

It's really not an issue. It's a common way to start a player's career.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

ROSTER MOVES
The Sabres announced after practice that the team has released eight players from its training camp roster.

Six players have been loaned to the Rochester Americans (AHL): Forwards William Carrier, Evan Rodrigues, and Tim Schaller; defensemen Jerome Leduc (pending waivers) and Chad Ruhwedel (pending waivers); goaltender Nathan Lieuwen.

Two players have been released from their tryouts and will report to Rochester for training camp: Forwards Matt Ellis and Patrick Kaleta.

The Sabres now have 30 players (15 forwards, 11 defensemen and three goaltenders) on their training camp roster.

The Rochester Amerks played in their preseason opener on Thursday and will play another preseason game Saturday in Binghamton.

The team will also likely make a few roster moves before the day is done. The Rochester Americans played in their preseason opener on Thursday and will play another preseason game Saturday in Binghamton.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
I hope Ruhwedel makes it through waivers.
Figured Rodrigues would have to start in the AHL. We just have too many forwards for him to make it right now, especially in he top 9 as he would be wasted on the 4th line anyway. I expect him to get a call up sometime this year.
I like Kaleta as a person, but I'm glad he is in Rochester now.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Does the skating lanes Evander Kane chooses to take bother anyone else as much as me? I really hope it's just a lack of playing, lack of playing with this team etc. and not a hockey sense issue. He's put some beauty picks on his teammates and just flat out skated the puck to areas of the ice that already had two good guys waiting there.
Well after watching Kane lay the body tonight on as many teammates ad he did Columbus players I'm not feeling any better about this.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
This guy could play in the NHL.

I think he'll be a real nice depth signing for the organization. Very good AHL player, and you can call him up for a smaller role on the big team and not worry about him. On the ice, I think he's what Ruff always wanted Matt Ellis to be.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
So that leaves us with 13 healthy forwards...maybe they are going to carry 13F and 8D to start?

Looks that way. I guess we'll find out Tuesday.

The problem with waiting to send Donovan down is that tomorrow may be the best time for him to clear. If they wait to get him down when Bogosian comes back then other teams may have a need due to injuries.

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
Does the skating lanes Evander Kane chooses to take bother anyone else as much as me? I really hope it's just a lack of playing, lack of playing with this team etc. and not a hockey sense issue. He's put some beauty picks on his teammates and just flat out skated the puck to areas of the ice that already had two good guys waiting there.

Is it too soon to trot out the label "Evandegenov"? :sarcasm:

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Bylsma doesn't sound too optimistic about Bogosian's progress. I'm starting to wonder if it's worse than we thought. For me it's really the only thing i'm really bummed about with the team going into the opener

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Bylsma doesn't sound too optimistic about Bogosian's progress. I'm starting to wonder if it's worse than we thought. For me it's really the only thing i'm really bummed about with the team going into the opener

I'm trying to figure out what the hell happened. He hasn't even played in a game and it sounds like he has a pretty nasty injury already. Maybe a shot off the ankle in practice, or something to that effect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad