Confirmed with Link: Sabres trade Jonas Johansson to Colorado for a 6th round pick in 2021

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

Won the trade! :naughty:
But botched the draft - I wanted Chychryn over Nylander.

so we drafted this kid in the 3rd round and he's turned out to be a decent AHL goalie. he gets a few NHL games and then he's traded for a 6th round pick. am I supposed to think this is a good job by the sabres? congrats on taking a 3rd round pick in 2014, who was statistically unlikely to make the NHL but did anyway, and turning him into a future 6th round pick, who will almost certainly not become an NHL player or AHL player.
Compared to the past few years? It sure is.

Where a guy was drafted 7 years ago has absolute no bearing on their trade value today.

Probably to get something for a player who wasn’t in their plans going forward. He would be at best our 4th goalie but more likely the 5th.

Kid might have some development growth left. But he would be behind UPL next year.
That's exactly why he was traded.

All 3 'Yotes shooters score in the shootout. Yikes.
Keeping his record imperfect in the shootout. 0/2 in his only prior shootout this year with BUF.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
So did they change the quarantine rules or are they just not following them? Johansson was traded on the 20th and he played on the 23rd...I'm no math whizz but I'm pretty sure that's not 7 days.

In other news Jonas Johansson has faced 7 shootout attempts in his career and all 7 went in, he may actually rival Lehner. :laugh:

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
So did they change the quarantine rules or are they just not following them? Johansson was traded on the 20th and he played on the 23rd...I'm no math whizz but I'm pretty sure that's not 7 days.

In other news Jonas Johansson has faced 7 shootout attempts in his career and all 7 went in, he may actually rival Lehner. :laugh:

I believe the quarantine rules for people traveling are not NHL rules but local governmental rules.

The NHL rules are around people who either test positive or are close contacts with someone who has tested positive.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
I believe the quarantine rules for people traveling are not NHL rules but local governmental rules.

The NHL rules are around people who either test positive or are close contacts with someone who has tested positive.

https://thehockeywriters.com/trade-deadline-covid-impact/

"As it currently stands, players must quarantine for seven days after moving from one team to another – whether that's through a trade, signing as a free agent, or waivers.

It could be longer, too. If a Canadian team acquires a player from an American franchise, said player would need to quarantine for 14 days after arriving in Canada."

They've either changed something or they're ignoring their own guidelines.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
https://thehockeywriters.com/trade-deadline-covid-impact/

"As it currently stands, players must quarantine for seven days after moving from one team to another – whether that's through a trade, signing as a free agent, or waivers.

It could be longer, too. If a Canadian team acquires a player from an American franchise, said player would need to quarantine for 14 days after arriving in Canada."

They've either changed something or they're ignoring their own guidelines.

My guess is that they have changed things because this isn't the first player to change teams and not sit for 7 days.

Reactions: Kyndig

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Pretty sure it has to do with how they travel, if it's a private flight they don't have to quarantine the 7days, just pass 2 or 3 tests.

That's right. It's stricter in Canada.
There's no quarantine for US clubs if private transportation is used and there's no risk factors or local regulations involved.

https://media.nhl.com/site/asset/public/ext/2020-21/2020-21COVID19Protocol.pdf
A. PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO CANADIAN CLUBSUnder this Protocol, even if not imposed by the local or federal health authorities, if individuals report to the Club’s home city from outside of the province (regardless of method of travel), they are required to serve a 7-day self-quarantine period with a PCR testing (Health Canada or FDA authorized) regimen on days 1, 3, 5 and 7, with results available on day 8.
<snip>
If, however, Clubs can demonstrate that the Player’s travel has been under five (5) hours, in an individual’s own vehicle with no stops other than to refuel, Clubs may seek an exception to the above stated mandatory quarantine by seeking approval from the NHL Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Willem Meeuwisse, who will consult with the NHLPA. Consideration shall be given to whether the individual may separately meet the standard fora High-Risk Environment Quarantine.

B. PROVISIONS APPLICABLE TO US CLUBS: If individuals return to the Club’s home city by public transportation, including commercial air or rail travel, they are required to serve a 7-day self-quarantine period with a PCR testing regimen on days 1, 3, 5 and 7, with results available on day 8.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN

Good for him!

I try to watch when he plays as he always had my eye. He is getting a lot better.he still struggles with high danger shots and screens. There were a few screened shots tonight where he found the puck before the shot and made an easy save. There were one or two where it looked like he guessed (correctly). I want him to be a solid 1b.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Who the f**k is this guy?

Making himself looking incredibly stupid, embarrassing.

"He doesn't stop pucks in practice or games."

Really, what the f**k is this, bullying? Working for The Athletics, really, hopefully not for much longer.

John Vogl, the bitter "expert" should get a new job, embarrassing. Still not get it, I used to like The Athletics.

Jonas Johansson earns first shutout as Avalanche blank Ducks

Last edited:
Reactions: Dex and jc17

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Interesting........

Colorado acquired Jonas Johansson from the Buffalo Sabres on March 20. He is 2-0-1 with a 2.13 GAA and .920 save percentage in four games (three starts) since the trade, including his first NHL shutout in a 2-0 win against the Anaheim Ducks on Friday.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co

Good for him!

JJ looked pretty solid last night. Ahead of the play and focused most of the game.
Avs were trying to reset after the drubbing Minnesota gave them 2 nights ago so it was a tighter game defensively than vs AZ when JJ was hung out to dry.

And the next day the Avs traded for Dubnyk. So JJ is once again a taxi squad goaltender. LOL!

seancolorado

Oct 8, 2011
JJ looked pretty solid last night. Ahead of the play and focused most of the game.
Avs were trying to reset after the drubbing Minnesota gave them 2 nights ago so it was a tighter game defensively than vs AZ when JJ was hung out to dry.

And the next day the Avs traded for Dubnyk. So JJ is once again a taxi squad goaltender. LOL!

Not quite, he's been upgraded to the permanent roster (for now). He closed out another solid showing against the Ducks so it will be interesting to see how Bednar manages starts between JJ and the newly acquired Dubnyk

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
Not quite, he's been upgraded to the permanent roster (for now). He closed out another solid showing against the Ducks so it will be interesting to see how Bednar manages starts between JJ and the newly acquired Dubnyk
Yes...that was cool to see. All the so called experts had him taxi squad bound....

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I'm very happy for him. He got out of a dumpster fire and landed in a good spot. He has since ran with that opportunity. A lot of pressure on Dubnyk when he gets a game.

Grinder44

Jun 6, 2006
Los Angeles
Seen all his starts in CO. A little shaky in the first OTL vs Arizona, since then he's been very strong, going 3-0 and only giving up 3 goals in those 3 games. Avs gotta be pleased with him for a sixth. Even third-stringers can be called upon through a long playoff run and JJ has proven very capable in case of an emergency. Good for him. Didn't care much for Vogl's trashing of him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad