Speculation: Sabres to call up a center from Amerks

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
If the injury Ennis or Hodgson or Zemgod (yeah right, he doesn't know how to hurt), Grigorenko would make more sense.

NEcoli

Apr 13, 2014
I like Schaller a lot, think he could be a very good 4th liner. I'd leave Grigorenko with Armia for now.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
yeah. Fine with any of the possible callups. Grigs would be the most exciting. Schaller or Larsson would fit the chemistry of that line a little bit more though. Grigs needs to get a look at some point though.

There'll be plenty of time for that later in the season. I'd hope to see Grigorenko really pressing for a call-up by February or so.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
If the injury Ennis or Hodgson or Zemgod (yeah right, he doesn't know how to hurt), Grigorenko would make more sense.

If you listen to Murray or any of the coaches, it's obvious that Armia would get the call up before Grigorenko. If any of the guys you mentioned got hurt, they'd slide the other one to Center and put Armia on the wing. Grigorenko's been "good," and is improving, but his game is not nearly as complete as Armia's is right now. Armia is one of the team's best players on both the PK and PP. Easy choice, if not going with one of he guys with lower ceilings (Challer, Varone, Larson, Ellis, etc.)

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
There really isn't a wrong choice here ... So I'm not sure what everyone is up in arms about.

I'm fine with Grigs, Schaller, Varone, or Larsson.

PunchImlach is Alive

Jul 15, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
I don't know what everyone is arguing about. This is kind of a great problem to have for an unfortunate injury. The correct answer is "all the above". I don't really think potentially calling up anyone for a handful of games makes a lick of difference at all in the grand scheme of things. Just glad we see another one of our numerous prospects get a look. Grigo, Ellis, Larsson, Schaller? Whatever. It's not liike someone isn't going to get a shot eventually. And none of those four are suddenly making this team a cup contender so who really cares?

Personally, let Schaller have it.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Duh.

In any event, I would imagine that Nolan thinks he's found something of a magic lineup formula and he'll look to plug the lineup with a similar 4C/PK-type, which will probably be Schaller's role in the NHL if/when he makes it there.

While I don't disagree with your sentiments in regards to Nolan. I'm not sure he will have much say in the call up.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Neither Grigs nor Armia will see the NHL this year.
Armia will be on the big club next season with out a doubt.

As many others are pointing out, Schall's will be the call up.
Varone is not suited for the role, Ellis will need to clear waivers.

Schall's it is.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Neither Grigs nor Armia will see the NHL this year.
Armia will be on the big club next season with out a doubt.

As many others are pointing out, Schall's will be the call up.
Varone is not suited for the role, Ellis will need to clear waivers.

Schall's it is.

Grigorenko and Armia could both see NHL games this season, depending on how their seasons go in the AHL and what the state of the NHL roster is. I doubt either of them gets a lot of NHL games, but it's certainly a possibility that either of them could get a callup.

Ellis does not need to clear waivers unless the Sabres plan on him playing 10 games or spending a month on the roster. Besides, do you really think anyone would pick up Matt Ellis on waivers anyway?

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
Grigorenko and Armia could both see NHL games this season, depending on how their seasons go in the AHL and what the state of the NHL roster is. I doubt either of them gets a lot of NHL games, but it's certainly a possibility that either of them could get a callup.

Ellis does not need to clear waivers unless the Sabres plan on him playing 10 games or spending a month on the roster. Besides, do you really think anyone would pick up Matt Ellis on waivers anyway?

Darcy Regier in Phoenix? :laugh:

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
My money is on Schaller. Hes been a beast for Rochester. Larsson would be my next bet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad