Speculation: Sabres to call up a center from Amerks

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I'd love to see more of Varone or Schaller called up. I think Grigs should continue in Rochester this season.

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
Schaller was the first name to come to mind for me. His play style would best resemble mccormick's.

Larsson played wing when he was in buffalo, so maybe that rules him out

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I think Schaller makes the most sense for Buffalo. He's a bottom 6 center through and through. It's about time he gets a chance considering how he's played from the last third of 2013-2014 on. It's no secret I'm a big Larsson fan so he'd be a good choice as well.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I'd like to see Schaller get a shot here. I'd be excited to see how Grigs handles the NHL now too, but not on the 4th line again.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
They should give Grigorenko a taste to judge his progress.

Grigorenko shouldn't be called up to play 4th line minutes. That's a role more suitable at the NHL level for Schaller. I'd rather Grigorenko continue to play 1st line minutes with Armia and continue his 1st PP unit duties.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
One player is important, the other is not.

From comments we heard in interviews at the start of the season, the sabres don't intend to call grigs up until he is ready to be up for good. He's not getting a callup for a taste.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
<----- this guy!!!!
In all seriousness, why does someone needed to be called up? We have Kaleta and Benoit is probably better served as a forward. Why mess with the Amerks?

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
One player is important, the other is not.

Don't dismiss Schaller so easily. He very much seems like the type of guy who could anchor the 4th line and still play occasional 3rd line minutes.........when the team is actually good again.

Besides, calling up Schaller on merit might be a little kick in the butt to have Grigo play even harder.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
They should give Grigorenko a taste to judge his progress.

So you can judge his progress, or so management can judge his progress? Because management can judge his progress just fine while playing for the Amerks. I doubt they call him up just so that Stokes can get a look. If the organization's lukewarm comments about Grigo's game so far are any indication, he's not consistent enough yet, and he's not ready yet. There are 4 others ahead of him that deserve the call up first, as of this point in time (Schaller, Larson, Varone, Armia)

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Calling up Grigorenko for a bottom line role replacing McCormick doesn't make much sense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad