Sabres suspend Zach Bogosian for failing to report to the AHL

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
The Sabres waived him and no one took him? I thought someone would have taken a chance with 30 games to go or whatever.

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
This appears to me like...Bogosian wants to play, and wants to make it that much easier for someone to acquire him. At the expense of himself taking a pay cut for the remainder of the season. Right?

Reactions: Kallio

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
This appears to me like...Bogosian wants to play, and wants to make it that much easier for someone to acquire him. At the expense of himself taking a pay cut for the remainder of the season. Right?
That or he’s emotional and isn’t dealing with it properly.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Salary is $6 mill this season. We're at the 3/4 mark of the season, so he's made $4.5 mill. $1.5 mill left. If he were to get his contract terminated and signed for $800K - $1 mill prorated, he'd make $200-$250K, so he's out around $1.25-$1.3 mill.

But, he may be rolling the dice to hope that he can play better with another club.

Only reason for Buffalo to not terminate the deal is if they are trying to move Miller's or Risto's contract out thus they would not want to have Zach eating up a spot that they could move Miller or Riso to for example.

Reactions: Chrisinroch

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Shouldn't have been rewarded for asking for a trade by getting to screw up more in so many games when he doesn't even want to play here. Dude was beyond bad this year.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
2 million dollars the rest of the year isn't worth a risk to a team? Is he now that bad?

it’s not necessarily that he’s THAT bad it’s just a mixture of that and is he better then what your team already has.

It’s both, if a team has space and is desperate enough to make any move someone could Try and pick him up I guess near the end of everything but this is why no one has thus far I imagine.

Sometimes the devil you know is better then the bogo you don’t.

I always compared him to Gudbranson with less physicality. Both bigger top edge first round picks with big contracts that they don’t exactly live up too. I don’t know how Guddy is doing this year but that’s how it was before anyway.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Guessing he doesn't want to ride the bus, and he's made enough money. Fair enough

Nah. This is all about him and the Sabres mutually terminating his contract and making him a UFA effective ASAP. Bogo gets ahead of the trade deadline and can catch on someplace for a minimum salary.

Sabres get more cap space to wheel and deal at the deadline and avoid rookie bonuses affecting us next year.

It's very much a win-win. Bogo's a waste of space at $5m+ a year but should catch on somewhere on a minimum deal.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Ah, in Vegas we call that "the Shipachyov" but for some reason no one is mad at Buffalo about this.

Jokes aside, who cares? If Bogo doesn't want to be paid more power to him

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

eramosat

Dec 19, 2015
Toronto
Salary is $6 mill this season. We're at the 3/4 mark of the season, so he's made $4.5 mill. $1.5 mill left. If he were to get his contract terminated and signed for $800K - $1 mill prorated, he'd make $200-$250K, so he's out around $1.25-$1.3 mill.

But, he may be rolling the dice to hope that he can play better with another club.

Only reason for Buffalo to not terminate the deal is if they are trying to move Miller's or Risto's contract out thus they would not want to have Zach eating up a spot that they could move Miller or Riso to for example.

For a 29 year old who has already made ~$45 Million, and never played a single playoff game, starting at the tender young age of 18...my guess is he's happy to eat any salary shortfall between now and June 30 for a chance to have a chance at the playoffs. I would be astounded if Leafs didn't express interest on a 1 year minimum deal, or more,to have him as their 6 or 7 on their current (important) dee roster, and there's likely other teams looking for insurance that Bogosian can certainly provide.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00