Sabres suspend Zach Bogosian for failing to report to the AHL

Ray Mercer

Oct 3, 2018
I remember when he was in Winnipeg Jets fans used to love him and rave about his ability. Now he’s out of the league 5 years later.

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON
Can he still skate? He’s only 29 and a right handed shot. If they terminate his contract I can see a lot of teams being interested at the league minimum.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Can he still skate? He’s only 29 and a right handed shot. If they terminate his contract I can see a lot of teams being interested at the league minimum.
Probably will be. I mean, players who get bought out, the majority end up with another team.

Shatty and Girardi found their way to TB after their buyout from the NYR. Perry to Dallas.

Could understand the Sabres waiting on termination until after the TDL if they are looking to trade Dmen off their roster.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018

ya, he’s really bad. Someone will take a flier but I can’t imagine he’s worse than your average call up- he’s good at looking angry in front of the net, that’s pretty much it. I think he can still skate in largely straight lines, but the agility needed to keep up with today’s game.. dude is just constantly reaching and getting beat, then does dumb things with the puck and has to repeat the process.. can’t imagine your worst d is worse.

Reactions: lauraP

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
His skating has greatly deteriorated since we acquired him, seems all the injuries and games missed took its toll. His first step and quickness is not what it was

Ratatoskr

May 27, 2004
Germany
Isn't he basically playing on an AHL team already?

*Remembers which team BUF beat last night :oops:
I salute your self-deprecating humor. Well done! :thumbu:

As for Bogosian, I second what others have said. This is probably best for both parties. Bogo wants to play. The Sabres couldn't trade him, and they couldn't give him away. Now he can sign with somebody else and try to salvage his career, while the Sabres save money and gain cap space. Win-Win.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
tenor.gif

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Like, Jonathan Ericsson has been waived twice at Detroit, and he went to play and to mentor kid defencemen, helping the organization. Earning the paycheck.

Tells everything about Buffalo's ******* culture.

ya man, if only we were the Detroit red wings right now.

Reactions: seagull

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Yeah, he's terrible. Like, just about every decision he makes on the ice is the wrong one. I'm guessing once the contract termination is done, he signs somewhere for league minimum and spends the rest of the season trying to rehab his value.
I think he would be wiser to play out his deal and take his 3M$ or whatever.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I think he would be wiser to play out his deal and take his 3M$ or whatever.

I think it's part pride and part an eye toward future earnings. From his post-game interviews, I really think Bogo has a poor sense of himself as a hockey player. He probably thinks he deserves to be a top 4 D on an NHL team. Even seeing that obviously no one running an NHL team agrees (if they did, his contract wouldn't be an issue, and he would've been traded or claimed), he's still not going to accept playing in the AHL. And, when it comes to his next contract, he'll be better off if he can rehab his value as an NHL player this spring than if he plays out the rest of the season in the AHL.

He seems like a good guy in the community, and I know a lot of his teammates in Buffalo really liked him, but he's just plain bad at hockey and actively cost the team points in the standings when he played. I wish him good luck, but good riddance.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Yeah, he's terrible. Like, just about every decision he makes on the ice is the wrong one. I'm guessing once the contract termination is done, he signs somewhere for league minimum and spends the rest of the season trying to rehab his value.
He was never a particularly smart player, got by on being a near elite skater and having great physical tools.

If those are gone he is basically done as an NHL player tbh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad