DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Great presser but I have never seen John Warwow before and he looked homeless during this.
He was repeatedly picking his head and face during the Staal video conference.

Wawrow looks like this for his Bills stuff too. It's completely disturbing.

The zoom session was everything I think a Sabres fan could have hoped for.
He's clearly in his basement, in a bathrobe, covering a Charlie Brown t-shirt.

I sure hope he never made a "blogger in his mom's basement" crack at anyone before...
We should nickname Wawrow "Buffalo Bill".

I imagine there will likely be an A on his jersey too.
Likely Staal takes MaJo's "A". Maybe Hall gets one too, or alternates with McCabe (one for home, one for road).

=====
In terms of physical appearances, Hall looks remarkably similar to me when I was his age, with a similar seriousness / demeanor to match. It was a little spooky watching / listening.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Great presser but I have never seen John Warwow before and he looked homeless during this.
Is that a bathrobe?

hallpc.jpg

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
I think I will always look back and remember about the minute I found out about the signing and just smile and laugh uncontrollably.For a long time especially if this results in a playoff run.

How many UFA periods did we go through being told we would be players and getting dog shit while the usual suspects got all the shiny toys.The days of people just replying UFAs don't win you stuff is bullshit. They put you over the top or closer to your goal (which ours is literally an 8 seed).

I saw one of the local guys post a tweet of ufa forwards signed all time goals scored and it was absolutely pathetic. Hall has a chance of doubling the best year a ufa forward we signed has ever done.Ever since I was lied to as a kid "John Rigas : Darcy I will give you the tools to win the cup" all of sports talk that entire time was excitement and Ron Francis being linked as the coveted guy. Spoiler: He led a different team to a finals. Said team ended up winning one a few years later. I think we all remember.

Taylor f***ing Hall is a Buffalo Sabre. This is literally unprecedented. Last time we acquired a forward superstar outside of the draft was trading for LaFontaine and Hawerchuck. This is our superstar. OUR HART WINNER. The Sabres had 1 Hart winner play for them. Hasek. Hall is #2. I am more excited for the upcoming season then I was back in summer 06 for 06-07.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
You're really low-balling those 3, then.

Montour won't be traded because he signed a 1 year deal, ending in UFA....Reinhart, Ullmark, Olofsson will keep the cap in the Toronto-reported low 70s....some interesting positions today.

I don't think I am at all.

Olofsson won't get a massive deal or award, simply because he only has 60 NHL games under his belt. Same for Ullmark. Between the two of them, you prob land somewhere around $70-73M, depending on if it's arb awards or negotiated deals. Reinhart will be the big question honestly.

On the other hand, I do think they will blow their internal cap number just based on the fact that they are essentially paying 30% less this year between escrow and deferment, and they are going to likely throw everything at trying to keep Hall on the other side of this season.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
looks like a crazy professor that was let go by a college for too many unethical experiments

That Wawrow thing was incredibly embarrassing. Sure, I slum it up a bit when I'm not leaving the house for extended periods of time right now, but when I have a video call with certain people I shower and shave and at least ATTTEMPT to look presentable. My barber is open too.

Also, you can't tell me that the only place in his house that he could take that call from was his basement. Cmon man...

Reactions: Der Jaeger

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

Entertaining series of tweets in this conversation for Kubrick fans.
Thank goodness Botterill's gone already, else we could have had a problem.

<Ralph Krueger> "HALL, I need you to fire Jason Botterill."

<HALL 9000> "I'm sorry Dave Ralph, I can't do that."

Trivia: The story goes that the "HAL" moniker was chosen as 1 letter each before "IBM".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad