Confirmed Signing with Link: Sabres sign Lawrence Pilut (LD, HV71)

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
So, one of Beaulieu/McCabe/Bogosian on the block?
I'm willing to see what McCabe has to offer this year now that we know he needed all kinds of surgeries last year, and will have had plenty of time to recover. He was looking promising for a while and then just fell off a cliff. Hoping for a rebound.

Beaulieu and Bogo, however... even just typing out their names is irritating at this point.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Decent 7th defenseman PP guy. Should help Dahlin feel at home.

Although he looked to have suffered a concussion in the SHL playoffs. He was absolutely destroyed.

Played alright in the friendlies for Team Sweden the past few weeks.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Good depth signing. Wonder if he'll start in Rochester. No matter, any depth help, be it veteran for now, or a transitional player like this for a year or so down the road is good for Buffalo. They desperately need to build that back end out, including.......................goaltending.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I'm willing to see what McCabe has to offer this year now that we know he needed all kinds of surgeries last year, and will have had plenty of time to recover. He was looking promising for a while and then just fell off a cliff. Hoping for a rebound.

Beaulieu and Bogo, however... even just typing out their names is irritating at this point.
Oilers will give you a 6th for Beaulieu ...

Edit: Wait nvm ..noticed he makes 2.4M next season...that can be spent better elsewhere.

Reactions: Mr Meeseeks

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Now that he's been signed, the next best international UFA is probably Alexei Byvaltsev. I wonder if an NHL team picks him up.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
The only reason for you to add Bealieu is if you want a Tank Commander. He's the worst player to represent Buffalo during the tank/botched rebuild era. He's so spectacularly bad that he will cause career ending injuries to your key players while scoring two own goals on every shift he takes if he gets any worse.

We'll put him in the minors and be done with him.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I doubt there's an NHL GM stupid enough to trade something for Beaulieu or Bogosian, but having a reason to at least not play them would sure be nice.
Bogo probably not. Beaulieu could survive as a bottom pairing dman on a strong defensive team. Nashville and Carolina are a thought..what's Salomaki or Nordstrom's situation?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
The pronunciation is like a guy flying a plane, for those who asked.

About his only redeeming quality is that he might be a decent passer if you could somehow manage to teach him which team he was supposed to be passing to.

He did throw one good punch on Martin. That wasn't worth the money or aggravation of the rest of his season... so... yeah.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I mean the Leafs got Rosen and Borg last offseason who were in the same boat and neither made the team full time and their defense is not the best. So I am not sure this is anything more than a guy to compete for a bottom pairing spot / extra D.

They had no LHD depth to speak of. The only two farm hands under contract with the big club for the upcoming season spend all of last year being forgettable in the ECHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad