Confirmed Signing with Link: Sabres sign Lawrence Pilut (LD, HV71)

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
The pronunciation is like a guy flying a plane, for those who asked.

He did throw one good punch on Martin. That wasn't worth the money or aggravation of the rest of his season... so... yeah.

Buckling Martin will hopefully be the only memory of Nathan I ever need to remember...mostly because last year is over and hopefully he's gone before our next trial of masochism begins...

Shootica

Jan 17, 2013
Utica, NY
So, one of Beaulieu/McCabe/Bogosian on the block?

McCabe is a decent candidate to get dealt for a winger in a low-end hockey trade, especially if we make any other additions on defense before the season starts.

I can't imagine anyone is legiamitely interested in Bogosian and his buyout price really isn't worth it, so we'll just have to hope he stays relatively healthy and bounces back.

Beaulieu is useless, but I'm in favor of keeping him around just to sit in the press box and let Guhle and/or Pilut develop properly in Rochester. Wouldn't want to see him in a healthy top 6 though.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
1st D-Pair LD Scandella RD Ristolainen
2nd D-Pair LD Beaulieu RD Dahlin
3rd D-Pair LD Guhle RD Nelson

LD Pilut
LD McCabe +
RD Bogosian +
RD Antipin ~RFA
More like:

Scandella-Ristolainen
Guhle-Nelson
McCabe-Dahlin
Bogo
Pilut

Antipin won’t be around. Hopefully it transforms into:

Scandella-XXX(decent veteran free agent)
Guhle-Ristolainen
Dahlin-Nelson
McCabe

Depth:
Pilut
Bogo
Borgen
Falk
Beaulieu

Reactions: Rasmi

nilssont

May 27, 2007
So is Johan Larsson's. It's better than giving him the usual NA nickname of "take last name or part of last name, and add -zee"."Pie-zee" would be embarrassing.

Maybe just Pie? Im a blueberry guy myself.
He also has a big ass mouth if thats anything
I think he will do good in the NHL in a minor role. Big HV71 fan so ive watched him alot.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Maybe just Pie? Im a blueberry guy myself.
He also has a big ass mouth if thats anything
I think he will do good in the NHL in a minor role. Big HV71 fan so ive watched him alot.

I liked him in the HV71 games I saw this year. I'm hoping for a nice depth find who can give them some quality AHL minutes and push people in front of him. At this point, with what the Sabres still have, if he doesn't make the team out of camp, he should be the first recall on LD.

Reactions: nilssont

lifeisruff

Oct 29, 2009
wny
Antipin has returned to Russia. CBS reported this two weeks ago and apparently NO ONE in the Buffalo media notice until about yesterday.

Victor Antipin, D, Buffalo Sabres.

Beaulieu is garbage. But he's waiveable garbage

Bogosian is a competent bottom pairing (right shot) defensemen on a horrible contract. When he's healthy, and he never is.

McCabe has no offensive upside but he's an NHL caliber defensemen on a cheap contract.

Reactions: MATTHEWSisGretzky

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Watched the game last night on AHLTV. Kid is down right impressive. Sabres got a gem? Again? From the SHL......

3 assists, break out skating and passing is really phenomenal, transition back to D following possession lose is really very good. Plays the boards in the D zone hard nosed with a back for very good stick work.
Saw him clear the front of the net 2 times in the 3rd successfully. Has a real after burner going on the rush up ice.

Saw nothing in his game that struck me as negative. Looks like the complete package.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Looks like the Sabres might have a player here...

Good job by their scouting dept.

They were actually onto him and already having conversations with him before his breakout year in the SHL last season. He said that’s part of the reason why he chose to sign in Buffalo. I guess they were the only team to do so before his breakout year (which obviously led to numerous teams contacting him).

Sabres

Jan 15, 2017
Buffalo, NY
The only question is... how much time does he spend in the A?

Even though he’s been great I’d like for him to get a good amount of seasoning before we bring him up. But then again, Scandella is atrocious so I also would like to see Pilut get a chance.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
The only question is... how much time does he spend in the A?

On buffalo right now...

Dahlin, Risto, McCabe, Bogosuan, Nelson, Beaulieu, Scandella

He is likely an injury call up. It’s only a matter of time before china doll is hurt.

I think beaulieu is likely traded at the deadline. As an RFA after the season he likely isn’t tenured.

Buffali has Pilut, Guhke, and Birgen in Rochester who woukd be in the Sabres by20 /21 season.

Scandella UFA in 20
Nelson a UFA in 20
Beaulieu RFA in 19 with I think 1 yr left till UFA
McCabe is an RFA in 19 with I think 2 yrs if team control left till ufa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->